Author Topic: Barksdale Air Force Base closes dining facility amid reports of a rat problem  (Read 273 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Barksdale Air Force Base closes dining facility amid reports of a rat problem
Officials said the base doesn't have "a solidified reopening date" for the dining facility.

BY PATTY NIEBERG | PUBLISHED APR 19, 2024 3:52 PM EDT

The main dining facility on Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana, was closed indefinitely as photos circulated online of what appeared to be a swarm of rats in the facility. The closure left many airmen on the base without their usual meal option at the dining facility.

Base dining facilities, or DFACs, are usually the primary dining option for single, younger airmen who live in barracks on base. DFACs generally are close to barracks, and are accessible by meal card. Junior enlisted troops are eligible to receive three meals per day at DFACs.

Air Force officials did not confirm that rats were a problem but told Task & Purpose that the dining hall would be closed until an ”issue” was resolved. The base announced the closure on April 9, saying that the DFAC would undergo “unanticipated but required maintenance actions that must be addressed immediately,” according to an email posted on the Facebook page.

However, after swarms of rats were found in the Red River Dining Facility, according to photos and videos posted on the popular Air Force amn/nco/snco facebook account, service members received an email about an abrupt closure.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/barksdale-dining-facility-rat-problem/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Are the rats having an epidemic of food poisoning? 000hehehehe
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Ewwwwww
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Took them long enough, not until the public pressure became too much to bear did they apparently decide to do something about it.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.