Author Topic: Michael Douglas claims Biden ‘sharp as a tack’ ahead of fundraiser hosted by Hollywood couple  (Read 655 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Michael Douglas claims Biden ‘sharp as a tack’ ahead of fundraiser hosted by Hollywood couple
By
Asher Notheis
April 22, 2024 11:07 am

Michael Douglas defended President Joe Biden seeking a second term in office, waiving aside concerns many voters have about the president’s age, ahead of a scheduled fundraiser co-hosted by the actor and his wife, actress Catherine Zeta-Jones, this week.

Douglas, 79, is only a couple of years younger than Biden, and suggested that the president is doing well for his age. He added that Biden’s Cabinet wants to work for him again for the next four years, something he could not say about “the other candidate,” a knock against former President Donald Trump, the presumptive presidential candidate for the Republican Party.

“Well, I think that I walk a little similar to him, and the people that I‘ve talked to, and everybody that I have say he’s sharp as a tack,” Douglas said on CNN’s Fareed Zakaria GPS Sunday. “He‘s fine, we all have an issue of memories as we get older, we forget names, something, he‘s overcome a stutter in life.”

The actor also argued that Biden would continue to be mentally fit to be president for the next four years, as the country needs a president who has “some experience” and knows how to work on a global stage. He also described the election as the most important one of his lifetime.

The fundraiser will take place in Irvington, New York, on Thursday. Attendees must be a “U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident (i.e., green card holder),” with tickets ranging from $3,300 to $100,000.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/2973974/michael-douglas-claims-biden-sharp-as-a-tack/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Who is he trying to convince? Us or himself
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
The emperor has no clothes, but it’s Hollywood’s job to convince us otherwise.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Joe knows tacks.  Kids use to put them on his schools desks seat and wait for Joe to sit on it!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online berdie

I guess if you see the same problems you are facing, you tend to get defensive.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

FTA:

Douglas was also one of five actors who appeared in a video call to give Biden advice ahead of his 2024 State of the Union speech, with all of the actors having played a U.S. president at one point in their career. Douglas played President Andrew Shepherd in the 1995 film The American President.

The sum total of his intellectual and political acumen.   88devil

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
FTA:

The sum total of his intellectual and political acumen.   88devil

Still better than Biden.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Polly Ticks

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online LMAO

From the article….

“Well, I think that I walk a little similar to him, and the people that I‘ve talked to, and everybody that I have say he’s sharp as a tack,” Douglas said on CNN’s Fareed Zakaria GPS Sunday. “He‘s fine, we all have an issue of memories as we get older, we forget names, something, he‘s overcome a stutter in life.”

So he hasn’t actually talked to Biden himself and made an assessment based on that. He’s just going by what other people have told him?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
From the article….

So he hasn’t actually talked to Biden himself and made an assessment based on that. He’s just going by what other people have told him?

The equivalence of staying at a Holiday Inn.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If you have to say it....
The Republic is lost.