Author Topic: STEPHEN BRYEN AND SHOSHANA BRYEN: America’s Failed Promise About Iran  (Read 89 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
STEPHEN BRYEN AND SHOSHANA BRYEN: America’s Failed Promise About Iran
OPINIONIRAN-ARMY-DAY

STEPHEN BRYEN AND SHOSHANA BRYEN
CONTRIBUTOR
April 21, 2024
4:29 PM ET
FONT SIZE:

The Iranian government said its rocket and missile attack was “measured and moderate,” and that it could have, but did not choose to, launch a much bigger strike on Israel. Iran’s supporters in Europe and the United States appear to have agreed and spent much of last week counseling Israel to show restraint and forego retaliation. All of them fail to mention that had the Iranian attack been successful, it would have been regarded as an existential threat and Israel would have retaliated massively against Iran and its proxies.

Whether out of fear of Tehran or out of the belief that Tehran is or can be a responsible actor in the region is unclear, but all are arguing for appeasement of the aggressor.

Israel decided differently and has now carried out a small strike on an air base in Isfahan in Iran. The government in Tehran spent some time denying that an Israeli attack occurred at all and there is as yet no word on any damage the airbase may have sustained.

To carry out this strike, the Israel Air Force (IAF) knocked out critical radars in Syria that could track Israeli aircraft and missiles. Refueling aircraft were launched to demonstrate that multiple sorties against the selected target in Iran could have been carried out but were not. And Iran’s air defense systems, largely composed of Russian S-300s and home-built systems, appear to have caused no injury to the IAF.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/04/21/stephen-bryen-and-shoshana-bryen-americas-failed-promise-about-iran/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson