Author Topic: US weighs sending additional military advisers to Ukraine as Russia gains momentum  (Read 107 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US weighs sending additional military advisers to Ukraine as Russia gains momentum
The troops would be serving in a non-combat role, officials said.

By LARA SELIGMAN, ALEXANDER WARD and PAUL MCLEARY

04/20/2024 04:44 PM EDT

The U.S. is considering sending additional military advisers to the embassy in Kyiv, the latest show of American commitment to Ukraine as Russia appears to be gaining momentum in the two-year conflict.

The advisers would not be in a combat role, but rather would advise and support the Ukrainian government and military, according to Pentagon spokesperson Maj. Gen. Pat Ryder.

“Throughout this conflict, the DOD has reviewed and adjusted our presence in-country, as security conditions have evolved. Currently, we are considering sending several additional advisers to augment the Office of Defense Cooperation (ODC) at the Embassy,” Ryder said in a statement to POLITICO, noting that “personnel are subject to the same travel restrictions as all embassy employees.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/04/20/us-troops-ukraine-00153499
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Sounds like Viet Nam.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson