Author Topic: Five rockets fired from Iraq towards U.S. military base in Syria, security sources say  (Read 85 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Five rockets fired from Iraq towards U.S. military base in Syria, security sources say
Rockets fired from Iraq were aimed at a U.S. military base in Syria, according to Iraqi security sources, on April 21, 2024. (Darko Bandic/AP Photo)Rockets fired from Iraq were aimed at a U.S. military base in Syria, according to Iraqi security sources, on April 21, 2024. (Darko Bandic/AP Photo)

MOSUL, IRAQ - At least five rockets were launched from Iraq's town of Zummar towards a U.S. military base in northeastern Syria on Sunday, two Iraqi security sources told Reuters.

The attack against U.S. forces is the first since early February when Iranian-backed groups in Iraq stopped their attacks against U.S. troops.

The attack comes one day after Iraqi Prime Minister Mohammed Shia al-Sudani returned from a visit to the United States and met with U.S. President Joe Biden at the White House.

Two security sources and a senior army officer said a rocket launcher fixed on the back of a small truck had been parked in Zummar, a border town with Syria.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/five-rockets-fired-from-iraq-towards-u-s-military-base-in-syria-security-sources-say-1.6856099
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson