Author Topic: The Army National Guard Owes Thousands of Former Soldiers Unpaid Bonuses. It's Asking Them to  (Read 406 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Army National Guard Owes Thousands of Former Soldiers Unpaid Bonuses. It's Asking Them to 
Military.com | By Steve Beynon
Published April 19, 2024 at 4:35pm ET

Thousands of former Army National Guard soldiers were mailed letters from the service component asking them to figure out whether they are owed unpaid bonuses, according to internal documents reviewed by Military.com.

The Guard letters went to former soldiers who may have never received their promised enlistment bonus after the service component got behind on the payments. The vague correspondence essentially asks them to jump through bureaucratic hoops to find out whether they're owed anything, and if so, how much, the documents show.

In October, Military.com was first to report that the Army National Guard was behind on paying out about 13,000 bonuses, some of which have been delayed for years. The backlog has gotten so severe that 3,900 of those soldiers completed their service and left the military without ever getting paid.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2024/04/19/army-national-guard-asks-former-soldiers-figure-out-if-theyre-owed-unpaid-enlistment-bonuses.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MajorClay

Outrageous but typical, I've had many pay problems throughout my career, most of it in the Army National Guard.