Author Topic: European Epicenter Deploys Riot Police To Stop Conservatives From Talking  (Read 136 times)

Online mountaineer

European Epicenter Deploys Riot Police To Stop Conservatives From Talking
It’s unthinkable that an emergency legal challenge had to be mounted to gather in peace in the political heart of Europe. 
Paul Coleman
April 22, 2024
The Federalist
The effort to shut down a mainstream conservative conference in Brussels last week shows partisan censorship is a serious and mounting problem in the West. Although the attempted cancellation failed—thanks to a legal challenge supported by ADF International, the faith-based legal advocacy organization I lead—it is part of a broader, deeply concerning trend. ...

The NatCon episode last week is another example of the necessity of fortitude in the face of tyranny. When the mayor of a small district in Brussels attempted to shut down a major gathering of conservative leaders last Tuesday, the international outcry was immediate.

All eyes were on the European Union capital as the freedoms of speech and assembly hung in the balance. Twelve hours later, the conference was back on by court order, all because a brave group of people were willing to stand up and say, “No, we won’t accept that. It’s not right.” But it’s unthinkable that an emergency legal challenge had to be mounted to gather in peace in the political heart of Europe. 

I was pleased to have been invited to speak at the National Conservatism Conference, hosted in Brussels on April 16 and 17. Looking forward to delivering my talk the following day on “the crisis of faith and family in Europe,” I approached the venue on the morning of the 16th to see police blocking the entrance and a sign that read: “We are very sorry. The doors are shut.”  

Inside, the participants who had already entered got on with the program. But the rest of us, barred from entry by a police cordon, were later even met by riot police who had absurdly been deployed to this mainstream gathering of politicians, academics, and public figures on a rainy working day in Brussels. What unfolded over the day reveals with startling clarity the crisis of fundamental freedoms in Europe.   ...

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

**nononono*

I'm afraid after the UN Summit in September, this will be commonplace.  I look for it to get worse.  Places where conservatives gather; such as churches will be silenced.

I pray that I am wrong.

Lord God Jesus Christ please stop the evilness that keeps prevailing.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.