Author Topic: Climate worries are non-credible, luxury beliefs that harm civilization itself  (Read 369 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate worries are non-credible, luxury beliefs that harm civilization itself
By
CFACT Ed
|
April 21st, 2024
|
157 Comments
BY JOAKIM BOOK:

I live in a small village at the edge of lands surrounded by very harsh nature. Those who occupied these valleys in ages past lived ruthlessly dangerous lives, where starvation was a constant worry, the sea just as often nurtured as it took away, and the winters were long and perilous. Nowadays, while I’m walking the desolate mountains or admiring the fierce storms from inside my nice, sheltered existence, echoing in my head is Thomas Hobbes’s descriptions of man’s precivilizational life: “Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short.”

In the 2020s, we live fairly comfortable lives here, my fellow villagers and I. Our hearths are warm, our command over economic goods excellent. We live long, safe lives, where nobody starves and where almost nobody perishes in outbursts of nature’s wrath. We use machines—constructed far, far away using materials we don’t have, that run on fossil fuels that these lands don’t contain—to move away the snow that frequently and predictably lands on our doorsteps and otherwise would have made our roads impassable and our houses prisons. We use different machines—constructed far, far away using materials we don’t have, that run on fossil fuels that these lands don’t contain—to get ourselves out of our valley and transport goods and services back, including exotic fruits and vegetables that never grow here (certainly not in winter!).

It truly is fascinating to behold the astonishing things that globalized trade and capitalism can accomplish. Stepping back and thinking about the miracles of modern trade, innovation, and division of labor is so humbling.

https://www.cfact.org/2024/04/21/climate-worries-are-non-credible-luxury-beliefs-that-harm-civilization-itself/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=climate-worries-are-non-credible-luxury-beliefs-that-harm-civilization-itself&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=climate-worries-are-non-credible-luxury-beliefs-that-harm-civilization-itself
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Climate worries are non-credible, luxury beliefs that harm civilization itself"

That is -- and has ALWAYS BEEN -- the goal of the greenunists... to dismantle "civilization" (as it is currently known), and rebuild it with their own, complete, controls.