Author Topic: The Significant Economic Impact Of Biden’s ‘Coerced Phase-Out’ Of Gas Cars  (Read 121 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Significant Economic Impact Of Biden’s ‘Coerced Phase-Out’ Of Gas Cars
by Jonathan Miltimore  24 hours ago 

The Biden administration recently rolled out new emissions regulations that the New York Times (NYT) said will “transform the American automobile market.” [emphasis, links added]

In what the paper called “one of the most significant climate regulations in the nation’s history,” the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is mandating that a majority of new passenger vehicles sold in America be hybrids or EVs by 2032.

The Biden administration and defenders of the policy argue that the EPA’s regulation is “not a ban” on gas-powered cars since carmakers are not prohibited from producing gas-powered vehicles.

Instead, automakers are required to meet a government-mandated “average emissions limit” across their entire vehicle line to force them to produce more EVs and fewer gas-powered cars.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/the-significant-economic-impact-of-bidens-coerced-phase-out-of-gas-cars/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson