Author Topic: Tripling Tomahawk Capacity on Block V Virginia-Class Submarines in Light of Evolving Missile Threats  (Read 174 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Tripling Tomahawk Capacity on Block V Virginia-Class Submarines in Light of Evolving Missile Threats Worldwide
Story by Emma Talyor • now

The Virginia-class submarines, initially introduced to replace the older Los Angeles-class submarines, have been a part of the U.S. Navy's fleet since the first of the class, the USS Virginia (SSN-774), was commissioned in 2004. Constructed at a pace of two to three units annually, with prices around $3.4 billion per sub, the aim has been to construct 66 of these advanced nuclear-powered fast-attack vessels. As of 2023, 22 Virginia-class submarines are active, and more are under construction.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/tripling-tomahawk-capacity-on-block-v-virginia-class-submarines-in-light-of-evolving-missile-threats-worldwide/ss-AA1nqb8d?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=21f9e3461eed48aca98a1be280747ff0&ei=18
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson