Author Topic: Drought in Southern Africa — Officially NOT Climate Change  (Read 126 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Drought in Southern Africa — Officially NOT Climate Change
« on: April 22, 2024, 10:49:26 am »

Drought in Southern Africa — Officially NOT Climate Change
18 hours ago Kip Hansen 

News Brief by Kip Hansen — 21 April 2024

Southern Africa has had very low precipitation over the last few months – which is the end of their summer.   November through March, are the rainy season bringing 75% of the precipitation for the year, but even then, compared to elsewhere, they are dry-ish.  As happened last year, when it does rain, it floods.

“The rains this year began late and were lower than average. In February, when crops need it most, parts of Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Angola, Mozambique and Botswana received a fifth of the typical rainfall.That’s devastating for these largely agrarian countries, where farmers rely entirely on the rains”.  [ source ]

The year before was particularly wet, leaving vast areas of mud still sticky, in some cases leading to free ranging cattle to get stuck in the mud seeking water.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/04/21/drought-in-southern-africa-officially-not-climate-change/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson