Author Topic: Border ranchers see threats in US migrant crisis  (Read 193 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border ranchers see threats in US migrant crisis
« on: April 22, 2024, 10:42:00 am »
 Border ranchers see threats in US migrant crisis
Story by AFP • 1d 

John Ladd, who says he could ride a horse before he could walk, is a fourth-generation rancher from a family that arrived in Arizona when the border between Mexico and the United States was just a line on the map.

Now he views that frontier -- and the thousands of people who spill across it every day -- as a threat to his whole way of life.

"It rules how we run the ranch now, and that isn't the most effective way," he told AFP.

Ladd's sprawling cattle farm runs right up against the wall that -- at least in this stretch -- separates Mexico from the United States.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/border-ranchers-see-threats-in-us-migrant-crisis/ar-AA1nnaTo?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=52f225bfb5ae4021cb07f29e6c9e58ee&ei=77
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson