Author Topic: Ice age data analysis offers good news for Earth's current climate woes  (Read 190 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Ice age data analysis offers good news for Earth's current climate woes
© Provided by Earth

Ateam of brilliant climate scientists has taken a deep dive into Earth's Last Ice Age to unravel the complex relationship between climate change, carbon dioxide (CO2), future global temperatures.

By focusing on the Last Glacial Maximum (LGM), a period 21,000 years ago when much of North America was covered in ice, the study aims to improve our understanding of climate sensitivity and the potential warming we face in the years and decades ahead.

Analyzing the last ice age for future climate clues
As carbon dioxide (CO2) levels continue to rise in the atmosphere, the Earth's climate will continue to change, and temperature is expected to increase.

However, the exact relationship between CO2 and global warming, known as climate sensitivity, is still under investigation.

A recent study led by Vince Cooper, a doctoral student in atmospheric sciences at the University of Washington, and senior author Kyle Armour, an associate professor of atmospheric sciences and oceanography, has shed new light on this critical relationship by analyzing data from Earth's Last Ice Age.

"The main contribution from our study is narrowing the estimate of climate sensitivity, improving our ability to make future warming projections," Cooper explained.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/ice-age-data-analysis-offers-good-news-for-earth-s-current-climate-woes/ar-AA1nmD3n?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=52f225bfb5ae4021cb07f29e6c9e58ee&ei=60
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

A team of brilliant climate scientists 

the potential warming we face in the years and decades ahead.

temperature is expected to increase.

There certainly is no bias in this study. :3:  I'll bet the scientists wouldn't be "brilliant" if they had "found" the whole global warming thing was a governmental scam.  It starts with the assumption that there is global warming and that it will be never ending.  How bad the "warming" will be is the objective of the study, not if there is warming.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson