Author Topic: Today's Toons 4/22/24  (Read 4975 times)

Offline pookie18

Today's Toons 4/22/24
« on: April 22, 2024, 08:14:05 am »
Click below for related story:

Click for related story:

Click below for related video:

This Thread Brought To You By The Number 0:

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

Bobby Kennedy horrified CNN Tuesday when he told a CNN interviewer the threat to democracy is Biden, not Trump. I understand CNN's horror. My father always said the only newspaper he reads is the Daily Oklahoman, because he doesn't want his mind to be cluttered up by opposing points of view.

US seismologists blamed NY's earthquake on a new tectonic crack beneath the Earth's surface they've named Trump's Fault.

The New York Times headlined that the earthquake effects were felt unequally. That squatters and asylum seekers were harmed the most.

President Biden reassured Israel today we fully intend to get rid of Hamas and replace it with Guacamole.

The solar eclipse did two things Washington DC politicians can't do. It slowed global warming and gave us all something to look up to.

The Wall Street Journal said the eclipse gave Americans chance to behold the universe together and set aside our partisan differences for the day. However it seems there's always one skunk at the picnic. Progressives protested in front of the White House all day Monday demanding an eclipse vaccine.

The New York Post reports an earthquake struck New Jersey Thursday as the ground and buildings shook in New York. Seismologists took a few days to figure out that what New Yorkers felt was not an earthquake. It was just the sound of another busload of illegal immigrants hitting the streets.

The National Earthquake Center in Maryland quickly measured Friday's New York earthquake at 4.8 magnitude. A scientific debate followed on the earthquake's cause. Some say it was caused by shifting tectonic plates while others say it happened when The Ladies of The View all sat down at the same time.

President Biden traveled to Baltimore on Friday to get a first-hand look at the sunken Francis Scott Key Bridge. It was collapsed by a container ship that struck it last week. The president stood on the dock and made a speech lamenting the disaster, but this was no place to talk about his poll numbers.

Donald Trump mobbed by adoring women at a Georgia chicken shack. Never underestimate the sexual power of a good mugshot in the South.

Fox News declared that Americans were united by the eclipse that did something politicians are unable to do. It slowed down global warming and gave us all something to look up to. Joe Biden came outside and saw his shadow and then tripped over it, and that means six more weeks of slapstick comedy.

President Biden trailed in the polls in all the swing states Thursday, raising the prospect that Joe could lose the election this fall. His rhetorical skills provide comedians like me our daily bread. Reacting to last week's big news President Biden expressed his wishes that Homer Simpson rest in peace.

Democrats doing all they can to keep RFK Jr. off the ballot. Not only did Biden refuse to give Bobby Secret Service protection, he's considering pardoning Sirhan Sirhan.

Don't complain about your life. There are people literally living in California.

Anti-Israel agitators last week tried to shut down Senate cafeteria. Capitol police diffused the situation by having all the protesters admitted to Harvard.

Israel acting with U.S. military aid shot down hundreds of missiles headed to Israel Saturday fired by Iran. Consequentially diversity, equity and inclusion can only go so far. I'm afraid the reason that there are no Iranians on the crew of the Starship Enterprise is because Star Trek is set in the future.

President Biden confidently declared Thursday that he will defeat Trump in November and save democracy. The bad news is inflation numbers reported that day continue to soar in both retail and wholesale prices. The good news is, O.J. Simpson can finally rest, knowing that his wife's killer is dead.

Donald Trump campaigned in Georgia and went to a Chick-Fil-A and bought thirty milkshakes for everyone. He was seen on TV being mobbed by adoring black women who might have seen his mug shot. All the Democrats had to do was make him a Fulton County gangster and the magic just happened.

-- Argus Hamilton

(Thank you, Rev)

Online Polly Ticks

Re: Today's Toons 4/22/24
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2024, 12:43:39 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Jimino

• God created all men equal. Sam Colt made them more equal!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2024, 02:06:23 pm »
Ciao Pookie, I always start my week with your toons. Many thanks!!!!
Pray, hope and don't worry.
Santo Pio

Offline scottfreitas

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2024, 03:09:40 pm »
Monday morning  thank-you's, Pookie!

Oh, and check out this hot new "green energy" vehicle FJB is busy promoting!

First electric vehicles, now THAT. The engineering and innovative skills of the "green energy" crowd never ceases to amaze, does it! ;D

Offline pookie18

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2024, 04:43:12 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.

You're welcome, Polly Ticks!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2024, 04:43:49 pm »
Ciao Pookie, I always start my week with your toons. Many thanks!!!!

My pleasure, Jimino!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2024, 04:45:48 pm »
Monday morning  thank-you's, Pookie!

Oh, and check out this hot new "green energy" vehicle FJB is busy promoting!

First electric vehicles, now THAT. The engineering and innovative skills of the "green energy" crowd never ceases to amaze, does it! ;D

You're welcome, as always, Scott! I had that one set for either Tues. or Wed.

Offline scottfreitas

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2024, 04:57:23 pm »
You're welcome, as always, Scott! I had that one set for either Tues. or Wed.
LOL "Great minds think alike". ;)

In all seriousness, yes. The Snarky One is finally back! The one, the only, original, EARL OF TAINT!

That Texan sure is endlessly creative at skewering the Left, at about roughly the same level of crudeness they themselves regularly display towards folks like us.

THEY dish it out; Earl flings it right back in their faces.

Yes. You gotta love it! ;D

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2024, 05:32:19 pm »
Thanks for the Monday Toons, Pookie, did you have a great weekend?  The Argus Extras were especially good today!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ricebug

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2024, 07:08:57 pm »
G'day, Pookie!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2024, 09:18:19 pm »
LOL "Great minds think alike". ;)

In all seriousness, yes. The Snarky One is finally back! The one, the only, original, EARL OF TAINT!

That Texan sure is endlessly creative at skewering the Left, at about roughly the same level of crudeness they themselves regularly display towards folks like us.

THEY dish it out; Earl flings it right back in their faces.

Yes. You gotta love it! ;D

I took a handful from his recent post...

Offline pookie18

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2024, 09:20:08 pm »
Thanks for the Monday Toons, Pookie, did you have a great weekend?  The Argus Extras were especially good today!!

My pleasure, as ever, CL! I don't recall too much re the weekend other than it being fairly restful...

Offline pookie18

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2024, 09:20:31 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2024, 09:23:03 pm »
Thanks, pookie!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline scottfreitas

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2024, 10:28:51 pm »
I took a handful from his recent post...
i will keep in mind the fact you know of Earl's little-known site (far lower web traffic than it deserves) and not prune snippets off it again. (they're tainted anyway).
i have no end of ways to hat tip you with choice cartoons i run across on the web. It's all your fault anyway. You taught me how to post images here, and now i get to make you endlessly regret it! ;D

Plus, i can always make my own, like i did that one time with the poor blonde chicky roaming through the ruins of "green energy" America's interstate highways.

As a cartoon-collector, you have no escape. Cartoons will always gravitate towards you. Accept your fate. Embrace the Borg! You WILL be animated! ;p
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 10:30:45 pm by scottfreitas »

Offline pookie18

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2024, 12:00:05 am »
i will keep in mind the fact you know of Earl's little-known site (far lower web traffic than it deserves) and not prune snippets off it again. (they're tainted anyway).
i have no end of ways to hat tip you with choice cartoons i run across on the web. It's all your fault anyway. You taught me how to post images here, and now i get to make you endlessly regret it! ;D

Plus, i can always make my own, like i did that one time with the poor blonde chicky roaming through the ruins of "green energy" America's interstate highways.

As a cartoon-collector, you have no escape. Cartoons will always gravitate towards you. Accept your fate. Embrace the Borg! You WILL be animated! ;p

The more material, the better. Occasionally, I don't have enough towards the end if the week.

Offline pookie18

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2024, 12:01:29 am »
Thanks, pookie!

You're welcome, Smokin Joe!