Author Topic: Out of control spending  (Read 584 times)

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Out of control spending
« on: April 22, 2024, 04:45:08 am »
Public Debt:

We need to balance our budget.  We are not even close.

We are headed for disaster:

https://budget.house.gov/imo/media/doc/cbo_outlook_shows_share_of_debt_is_projected_to_grow_to_1_million_per_american_household.pdf

In 2053 our debt is projected to be 144 trillion. 

WTH ?????

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Out of control spending
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2024, 01:43:21 pm »
Unfortunately, neither Presidential candidate is known for being fiscally responsible.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2024, 01:53:11 pm »
Public Debt:

https://budget.house.gov/imo/media/doc/cbo_outlook_shows_share_of_debt_is_projected_to_grow_to_1_million_per_american_household.pdf

WTH ?????

happy77    You are now just noticing???? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2024, 02:09:49 pm »
Unfortunately, neither Presidential candidate is known for being fiscally responsible.

A major problem that we all are going to bear the consequences of
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2024, 02:21:38 pm »
I can understand somewhat more spending due to the pandemic; providing PPE's and setting up emergency makeshift hospitals, but Bidenomics has contributed significantly to what we are now experiencing. Inflation is on Brandon!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2024, 02:23:14 pm »
happy77    You are now just noticing???? 

I think you'll find I've been saying it for years.

I guess I could ask the same question of you.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2024, 02:23:38 pm »
I can understand somewhat more spending due to the pandemic; providing PPE's and setting up emergency makeshift hospitals, but Bidenomics has contributed significantly to what we are now experiencing. Inflation is on Brandon!

Our debt to gdp ratio was already over 100% before the pandemic
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2024, 02:24:40 pm »

Nope.  I've been complaining about my wallet shrinking, higher gas prices, taxes, utilities, grocery prices since Brandon took office.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2024, 02:25:01 pm »
GWB started it with his need to get us into war. 

A republican congress was all to willing to spend like crazy. 

The GOP at the federal level is as much a mess as the democrats. 

We are not having this conversation because it puts Trump in a bad light.  He's a deficit guy too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2024, 02:25:58 pm »

Many of us have been saying this for years. But it falls on deaf ears

« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 02:26:50 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2024, 02:26:19 pm »
Nope.  I've been complaining about my wallet shrinking, higher gas prices, taxes, utilities, grocery prices since Brandon took office.

You are about 16 years behind. 

Bush was handed a pretty good situation thanks to Gingrich and Co.  He screwed it all up and didn't blink.

I will never forgive that moron for starting us down this road. 

Many of us complained back then and received a lot of pushback.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2024, 02:28:42 pm »
You are about 16 years behind. 

Bush was handed a pretty good situation thanks to Gingrich and Co.  He screwed it all up and didn't blink.

I will never forgive that moron for starting us down this road. 

Many of us complained back then and received a lot of pushback.

And after the Great Recession, it’s accelerated. GWB, Obama, Trump, and now Biden headed us down an unsustainable path and it looks like that path continues after this election

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2024, 02:31:23 pm »
GWB started it with his need to get us into war. 

A republican congress was all to willing to spend like crazy. 

The GOP at the federal level is as much a mess as the democrats. 

We are not having this conversation because it puts Trump in a bad light.  He's a deficit guy too.

??? I am not a Trump supporter by any means.

I do know that under Trump he had us energy independent and we personally were spending well within our budget.  Brandon, we are struggling like most.

Yes, 9-11 was another spending spree -- but it was spent after OUR country was attacked and in the same light Ukraine is costing us dearly protecting a country that isn't ours.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2024, 02:32:09 pm »
And after the Great Recession, it’s accelerated. GWB, Obama, Trump, and now Biden headed us down an unsustainable path and it looks like that path continues after this election

Unfortunately you are correct -- I don't see us heading towards a balanced budget anytime soon.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2024, 02:44:17 pm »
Public Debt:

WTH ?????

We will never make it any way near $144T. Our interest costs are about $1.2T which is about a quarter of our receipts, and it's been going near vertical since about 2020.

At this pace we got maybe 5 years before our revenues are completely absorbed by interest payments, and nobody is going to loan us any more moeny.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 02:45:39 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.