Author Topic: Some Crude but Worthwhile Tax Solutions  (Read 108 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Some Crude but Worthwhile Tax Solutions
« on: April 21, 2024, 06:49:17 pm »
April 21, 2024
Some Crude but Worthwhile Tax Solutions
By Spencer D. Miles

I have had much of my thinking preoccupied with the heart-rending dream of a little farm in the country.  A serviceable house with room for a library and classroom for my little ones (I collect books); a small house for creatures that make eggs, meat, and milk; a shop building where I can push a plane and beat on hot steel; and a little Mediterranean-style windmill that spins a chunk of granite to grind my wheat into flour for my wife to beat into loaves.  It rends the heart for the speed at which it fades.

I could build such a place myself in five years or so, but even to begin or “get permission” (permitting) would cost more than I am likely to make in all the years remaining to my useful working life.

I spent the better part of twenty years in various trades — construction, mostly, but also cabinetmaking and tool-and-die.  As the best I ever got from that was herniated disks and the “self-employment tax,” I did what I could to earn my keep with my brain rather than my back — been at that for almost a decade with little success.

For most of that time, it has struck me as absurd that most of my labor was wasted like heat in a poorly maintained machine.  I think I may have profited from 20% of my labor — at best — for all the costs, taxes, punishments, and generally confiscatory parasitism to be found in the “land of the fee.”  I could employ some terribly pedantic scholarly sources to demonstrate this fact — that most of our labor is stolen between hand and mouth — but that has always proven to be a waste of time.

I would like to offer three solutions — none of which will be enacted, and such is the pity of the world we know.  If the reader would consider effects, however...

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2024/04/some_crude_but_worthwhile_tax_solutions.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34