Author Topic: ‘Moscow Marjorie’ Taylor Greene, GOP rebels defeated as House passes $61B in Ukraine aid package  (Read 1414 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 ‘Moscow Marjorie’ Taylor Greene, GOP rebels defeated as House passes $61B in Ukraine aid package
By Social Links for Josh Christenson and
Social Links for Rich Calder
Published April 20, 2024
Updated April 20, 2024, 6:00 p.m. ET

House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) on Saturday crushed a putsch by far-right Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene and Republican rebels — pushing through a $95.3 billion aid package that funds the fight against Russia, the defense of Israel and resistance against China.

Lawmakers in a rare bipartisan effort overwhelmingly approved the four-bill package, including one measure providing $60.8 billion for Ukraine.

About 80%  of that money will go toward replenishing supplies of US-made weapons and ammunition and other direct military assistance.

Another $9.5 billion is in the form of a forgivable loan.

The bill passed 311-112 with all “nay” votes coming from Republicans, including Greene who was hailed as “Moscow Marjorie” by members of both major political parties.

more
https://nypost.com/2024/04/20/us-news/house-approves-95b-in-military-aid-for-israel-ukraine/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I usually agree with the Post, but sometimes they go over the top the other way.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

Defeated, huh?

I might point out that not very long ago, such a thing would have passed and been signed without a peep.

Offline libertybele

Defeated, huh?

I might point out that not very long ago, such a thing would have passed and been signed without a peep.

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

I usually agree with the Post, but sometimes they go over the top the other way.

It's fitting
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline kevindavis007

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

Opposing this disastrous bill does not make one pro-Putin. As I noted on another thread, one can oppose the idea of the U.S. handing out tens of billions of American dollars that we don't even have to another country without said opposition equating to support for any of that country's enemies. I don't support Putin. I don't support more funding for Ukraine. Live with it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Wait. Whoa. Fiscal Conservatism is now "rebellious"?

No wonder the dollar is worth less every day.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DefiantMassRINO

FY 2025 Budget is a hill for fiscal conservatives to make a stand on.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
FY 2025 Budget is a hill for fiscal conservatives to make a stand on.

Their stand will be whatever the Rats want.  The GOP is playing to lose.  And they won't be disappointed.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Opposing this disastrous bill does not make one pro-Putin. As I noted on another thread, one can oppose the idea of the U.S. handing out tens of billions of American dollars that we don't even have to another country without said opposition equating to support for any of that country's enemies.

Principled Conservative arguments can be made, and are being made, that the U.S. simply can no longer afford to be so generous with its defense funds as it has in the past, nor should it be getting involved in any more foreign wars after the Iraq and Afghanistan debacles.  I accept and respect that, if those arguments are made in good faith.

However, I do not agree that funding to support the Ukrainian military in fighting against the Russian invasion should be contingent upon funding for securing the U.S. southern border.  They are two totally DIFFERENT issues and should NOT be conflated, and I believe that the U.S. can actually do both simultaneously if the Biden regime had the desire to do so.  But it doesn't so here we are, playing chicken in Congress.

The way I see it, we are already in a third world war, against Russia, China, Iran, and North Korea, all of which are attacking us and our allies on multiple fronts.  It doesn't look like World War II or any of the subsequent wars we've seen through Operation Enduring Freedom. But make no mistake, we are all under attack economically, psychologically, technologically, and ideologically, while a friendly country whose security we assured in 1994 and assisted us during Operation Iraqi Freedom has been invaded and devastated by the Russians, a notoriously expansionist country which has a long history of attacking and annexing its neighbors.  I'd much rather help Ukraine beat back those Russians NOW by supplying it with the weapons, ordnance, intelligence, and special operations assets it needs for the job, rather than sending my kids and grandkids to fight the Russians later in the Baltics or Poland and Germany once the Muscovites set their sights on those NATO countries in the future.  People have forgotten their history, and what happened in the 1930s with the Axis powers.  Isolationism and Appeasement do NOT work...they didn't work then and they don't work now.  And our enemies DO have a say in whether we have a war on our hands or not.

What really galls me though are those people who are actively cheering on the Russians and wishing for them to defeat the U.S. and NATO, to the extent of even nuking American cities to teach us a lesson and supposedly rid ourselves of urban Democrats.  I also think that it's repulsive to cheer the mass destruction and slaughter that are going on in Ukraine, out of some stupid sense of revenge for the sins of the Clintons and Bidens there in years past.  All the while these pro-Kremlin posters gaslight us with the absurd claims that the Russians are "liberating" Ukraine and showing restraint in their attacks.  I see this all the time on TOS, and find it disgusting.

I don't support Putin. I don't support more funding for Ukraine. Live with it.

Fair enough.  It's still a free country to believe and express what you want or do not want...but barely.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Hoodat

It isn't fair to call Greene "Moscow Marjorie".  She isn't supporting Russia.  She's setting up a dilemma between protecting our borders v. protecting someone else's.

Personally, I believe we don't need more money to protect our own borders.  Current DoD or Homeland Security budget monies should be used to build the wall.  Current Justice Dept monies should be used to prosecute persons crossing illegally.  And current HHS money should be used to buy weapons for Ukraine instead of handing out free cash to illegals.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online cato potatoe

Opposing this disastrous bill does not make one pro-Putin. As I noted on another thread, one can oppose the idea of the U.S. handing out tens of billions of American dollars that we don't even have to another country without said opposition equating to support for any of that country's enemies. I don't support Putin. I don't support more funding for Ukraine. Live with it.

It should make everyone uneasy.  We simply don't have the money to give away.  The federal government is borrowing (as a percentage of GDP) more than it did in the cold war, and roughly twice as much as the second Iraq war.  All of this during relative economic prosperity. 

Offline kevindavis007

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well if the Russian tv likes her, then the name fits:

That is a ridiculous assertion, but not unexpected.
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

I agree.  Ridiculous indeed.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

Sorry, it's true.. She is a traitorous c*** and she should get kicked out of the GOP.

Offline libertybele

Sorry, it's true.. She is a traitorous c*** and she should get kicked out of the GOP.

Wow.  Please watch the language. I am glad you used *** -- otherwise I personally would consider this offensive. Your hatefulness against conservatism seems pretty obvious.

I see MTG as quite the opposite, she's the only conservative right now sticking up for conservatism!!!!  We can longer afford to pander to the left and that is exactly what both McCarthy and Johnson have done.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 08:17:18 pm by libertybele »

Online roamer_1

Wow.  Please watch the language. I am glad you used *** -- otherwise I personally would consider this offensive. Your hatefulness against conservatism seems pretty obvious.

I see MTG as quite the opposite, she's the only conservative right now sticking up for conservatism!!!!  We can longer afford to pander to the left and that is exactly what both McCarthy and Johnson have done.

That's right... Well, one of few... But that's right.

Offline Smokin Joe

It isn't fair to call Greene "Moscow Marjorie".  She isn't supporting Russia.  She's setting up a dilemma between protecting our borders v. protecting someone else's.

Personally, I believe we don't need more money to protect our own borders.  Current DoD or Homeland Security budget monies should be used to build the wall.  Current Justice Dept monies should be used to prosecute persons crossing illegally.  And current HHS money should be used to buy weapons for Ukraine instead of handing out free cash to illegals.
I'd be good with that, but no one is limiting the size of the pie to be sliced up, so they'll just print more money. There's the rub. I'd be all FOR the current agencies being pulled back in line, and doing the jobs they were supposed to do, and diverting funds from those who do not.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Well if the Russian tv likes her, then the name fits:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1782187769562792429

So Russian TV only has to gush over someone, even for a moment, and that is the basis you'd judge them on?

Seriously, they could see anything that might somehow benefit them as a plus, and likely they are hard put to find one. In the meantime, taking out one of our more stringently pro American Congress persons by damning them in some minds with small praise helps weaken our Republic all the more.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

:yowsa:

C S Lewis

Online Right_in_Virginia

twilight zonexxxx