Author Topic: We Were Warned... Mark Lewis  (Read 210 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
We Were Warned... Mark Lewis
« on: April 21, 2024, 05:39:44 pm »
We Were Warned
Mark Lewis

Mike Johnson.  Mitch McConnell.  Joe Biden.  Chuck Schumer.  Nancy Pelosi.  The United States Congress.

The American people have nobody to blame but themselves.

It’s called “democracy.”

It may be surprising to us, but there have been thinkersdown through history who didn’t believe democracy is the optimal system of government.  Here is a quotation from one of them:

“Democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths.  Theoretic politicians who have patronized this species of government, have erroneously supposed that by reducing mankind to a perfect equality in their political rights, they would at the same time be perfectly equalized and assimilated in their possessions, their opinions, and their passions.”

This same writer also penned this:

“Democracy is the most vile form of government.”

Most Americans would think such heretical words had to have been written by Adolf Hitler or Joseph Stalin or Attila the Hun, or some such tyrannical megalomaniac.  Nancy Pelosi would probably say Donald Trump wrote them. But actually, the author of those sentiments was James Madison, the man given most of the credit for writing our Constitution.  Yes, THAT James Madison.  Hi

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/marklewis/2024/04/21/we-were-warned-n2638074
https://townhall.com/columnists/marklewis/2024/04/21/we-were-warned-n2638074
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

Re: We Were Warned... Mark Lewis
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024, 06:34:10 pm »
Mob rule has always been deadly.

Our education system has produced and ignorant self absorbed people on the road to ruin.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2024, 10:12:52 pm »
As I've been posting in this forum for years:

"The fault, dear Brutus, lies not in our stars... but in ourselves."

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2024, 10:32:08 pm »
America is not a democracy, it's a Constitutional Federal Republic.

If you want Democracy, go to a New England Town Meeting where the townie crazies consume a majority of the time petitioning for a leash law for cats because the neighbor's cat is scaring birds away from their backyard feeders.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.