Author Topic: UFF AND READY: MILITARY WORKING DOGS SERVE UNIQUE ROLES  (Read 356 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
UFF AND READY: MILITARY WORKING DOGS SERVE UNIQUE ROLES
« on: April 21, 2024, 03:00:27 pm »
UFF AND READY: MILITARY WORKING DOGS SERVE UNIQUE ROLES

KARLI GOLDENBERG, STAFF WRITER
Monday, April 1, 2024
Every Year, An Elite Group Of Recruits Arrives At Joint Base San Antonio For An Intensive Training Program And Evaluation—All Before The Recruits Turn 1 Year Old.
These 50 to 90 puppy candidates are Belgian Malinois, a smart, confident and versatile breed of dog similar to the more compact German shepherd. They are trained and evaluated by the Air Force’s 341st Training Squadron, which is responsible for training military working dogs for all the services and the Defense Department. Alongside fellow canine recruits from global breeders, these dogs are an essential part of the U.S. Army’s military working dog teams.

Combined with skilled Army military working dog handlers, these teams “provide a valuable asset to military police, combined arms, DoD, and other governmental agencies,” according to Army Techniques Publication (ATP) 3-39.10: Police Operations, dated August 2021.

When asked about the value of military working dogs, Sgt. Maj. Viridiana Lavalle, Army Military Working Dog Program manager at the Office of the Provost Marshal General in Washington, D.C., cites a quote from now-retired Gen. David Petraeus, who at the time commanded Multi-National Force-Iraq.

https://www.ausa.org/articles/ruff-and-ready-military-working-dogs-serve-unique-roles
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: UFF AND READY: MILITARY WORKING DOGS SERVE UNIQUE ROLES
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024, 05:27:43 pm »
"kennel master for the 544th Military Police Detachment at Fort Gregg-Adams, Virginia, formerly known as Fort Lee.

Ok,now  I am officially and genuinely pissed off. Does anyone know the name of the semi-human turd responsible for that? I would like to send that creature a message.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!