Author Topic: Chicago is the DNC’s Kind of Town? By Clarice Feldman  (Read 231 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chicago is the DNC’s Kind of Town? By Clarice Feldman
« on: April 21, 2024, 02:45:50 pm »
April 21, 2024
Chicago is the DNC’s Kind of Town?
By Clarice Feldman

I’m old enough to remember the 1968 DNC convention in Chicago, and smart enough to see that Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson is no Richard J. Daley. So, as food prices rise with no end in sight, I advise you to stock up on popcorn before the August 19 convention in Chicago this year. As for the Democrats, I cannot imagine a scenario where there is anything but downsides for picking this site, this year.

In case you forgot, the 1968 convention began with ominous foreboding. True, the mayor had done everything he could to prettify the city, including screening the stockyards with redwood fences, but he knew the anti-Vietnam protestors would target the convention and mobilized the National Guard with orders to shoot if necessary.

What followed was worse than even the direst pessimist could have envisioned. Written in 2008, this author described the scene and aftermath:

The 1968 Chicago convention became a lacerating event, a distillation of a year of heartbreak, assassinations, riots and a breakdown in law and order that made it seem as if the country were coming apart. In its psychic impact, and its long-term political consequences, it eclipsed any other such convention in American history, destroying faith in politicians, in the political system, in the country and in its institutions. No one who was there, or who watched it on television, could escape the memory of what took place before their eyes.

Include me in that group, for I was an eyewitness to those scenes: inside the convention hall, with daily shouting matches between red-faced delegates and party leaders often lasting until 3 o'clock in the morning; outside in the violence that descended after Chicago police officers took off their badges and waded into the chanting crowds of protesters to club them to the ground. I can still recall the choking feeling from the tear gas hurled by police amid throngs of protesters gathering in parks and hotel lobbies.

For Democrats in particular, Chicago was a disaster. It left the party with scars that last to this day, when they meet in a national convention amid evidence of internal divisions unmatched since 1968. [snip]

The violence that rent the convention throughout that week, much of it captured live on television, confirmed both the Democrats' pessimism and the country's judgment of a political party torn by dissension and disunity. In November the party would lose the White House to Nixon's law-and-order campaign. In the nine presidential elections since, Democrats have won only three, and only once -- in 1976, after the Watergate scandal forced Nixon to resign in disgrace -- did they take, barely, more than 50 percent of the votes.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2024/04/chicago_is_the_dnc_s_kind_of_town.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Chicago is the DNC’s Kind of Town? By Clarice Feldman
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024, 05:57:48 pm »
I'm taking Clarice's advice:

:2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn: :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2024, 10:41:06 pm »
From the article above:
"What followed was worse than even the direst pessimist could have envisioned. Written in 2008, this author described the scene and aftermath:
    The 1968 Chicago convention became a lacerating event, a distillation of a year of heartbreak, assassinations, riots and a breakdown in law and order that made it seem as if the country were coming apart..."

Today, in 2024, the country IS "coming apart".

What happens in Chicago may accelerate this.

That may or may not be a bad thing -- depending on your viewpoint as to whether the country (or the opposing forces that inhabit it) might be BETTER OFF existing as two (or more) entities, instead of continuing as one, no longer "united"...

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2024, 11:01:00 pm »
Illegals, Antifa, Hamas, eco-freaks, Chinese, and even our own CIA could make the convention a very explosive event and very  :2popcorn: worthy.
The Republic is lost.