Author Topic: Navy jet trainer fleet operations remain paused after engine mishap  (Read 139 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Navy jet trainer fleet operations remain paused after engine mishap
One week after the incident, a Navy spokesperson says the service is continuing to assess the fleet's ability to safely resume flight.
By   JUSTIN KATZ
on April 18, 2024 at 1:58 PM

WASHINGTON — The US Navy said today it is continuing to assess its trainer aircraft fleet nearly a week after one plane had an “in-flight engine malfunction,” prompting the service to pause “all T-45C Goshawk” operations.

The aircraft, assigned to Training Air Wing One, executed a “precautionary landing” in Mississippi on April 12 following the engine malfunction. None of the crew reported injuries and damage to the aircraft is still being assessed.

“Out of an abundance of caution, operations of all T-45C Goshawk aircraft have been paused while [the Chief of Naval Air Training] assesses the fleet’s ability to safely resume flying,” a Navy spokesperson told Breaking Defense today. USNI News first reported the mishap and subsequent grounding.

The T-45 Goshawk is the Navy’s legacy fixed-wing, carrier-capable trainer aircraft, which has been in-service since 1991.

https://breakingdefense.com/2024/04/navy-pauses-jet-trainer-fleet-operations-after-engine-mishap/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Navy jet trainer fleet operations remain paused after engine mishap
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024, 02:36:23 pm »
Nothing but the most modern, safest, best maintained equipment for the US military is the standard. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson