Author Topic: Twilight of patriotism is a prescription for national suicide  (Read 148 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Twilight of patriotism is a prescription for national suicide

COMMENTARY
By Don Feder - - Saturday, April 13, 2024
OPINION:

I make a pilgrimage to the Concord Battlefield every year around April 19, the anniversary of the battle that marked the beginning of our War of Independence. I think of it as the place where America began.

Imagine my dismay on learning that the town of Concord, Massachusetts, is ashamed of its heritage.

In January, it removed three historical markers, which had been in place since 1930, that commemorated the founding of the Massachusetts Bay Colony 300 years earlier.

The move was based on a recommendation from its insane Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee, which judged that the signs “harmed indigenous people” — who make up 0.2% of Concord’s population.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2024/apr/13/twilight-of-patriotism-is-prescription-for-nationa/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Twilight of patriotism is a prescription for national suicide
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024, 02:26:03 pm »
The real problem is wokeness in the military by those who wear the silver stars, the democrat party, rinos, congress, and biased judges.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson