Author Topic: Questions Linger as Ospreys Take Flight Again  (Read 92 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Questions Linger as Ospreys Take Flight Again
« on: April 21, 2024, 02:12:21 pm »
Questions Linger as Ospreys Take Flight Again
4/17/2024
By Jan Tegler   

The resumption of V-22 flight operations in March after a three-month pause marked the second time in two years that the Osprey has returned to flight without its special operator, Marine and Navy pilots understanding the failures that led to its grounding.

Navy and Air Force officials say the tri-service V-22 fleet is safe to fly again with newly implemented safety protocols that address the unprecedented failure of a single component that led to the fatal Nov. 29 crash of an Air Force CV-22B and the grounding of all V-22s in early December.

“There was not any sort of demand from the services to get the aircraft back into flight,” Col. Brian Taylor, program manager for the V-22 Joint Program Office, said during a media roundtable two days prior to the rescinding of the grounding order on March 8.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2024/4/17/questions-linger-as-ospreys-take-flight-again
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson