Author Topic: SHOW OF FORCE US parades 12 nuclear stealth bombers & vows jets are ‘ready to strike anywhere, any t  (Read 163 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SHOW OF FORCE US parades 12 nuclear stealth bombers & vows jets are ‘ready to strike anywhere, any time’ amid Middle East tensions
The rarely-seen £1.6billion aircraft were amassed as part of 'Spirit Vigilance' amid escalating tensions between Israel and Iran
Iona Cleave, Foreign News Reporter
Published: 9:01 ET, Apr 19 2024

THE US gathered almost its entire fleet of nuclear stealth bombers in a massive show of force as the Middle East teeters on a knife edge.

The bomber beasts performed the impressive 'elephant walk' aeronautic challengeCredit: SWNS

The B-2 Spirit is a multi-role, heavy bomber capable of delivering both conventional and nuclear warheads.

The 1000kmh beasts are designed to be virtually invisible to radar and are the world's most expensive aircraft, estimated to cost £1.6billion each.

The two-pilot jet has an unrefueled range of 6,000miles and is specifically built for intercontinental missions.

As tensions spiralled earlier this week as Israel promised it would carry out a "significant response" to Iran's aerial attack last weekend, the US was testing its stealth bombers.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/11136181/us-fleet-nuclear-bombers-force-iran-ww3/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The issue isn't so much are they ready but will they be allowed to strike.  At $1.6 billion a pop, my guess would be no,
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Dear Lord, just let me get home before the balloon goes up... :0001:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis