Author Topic: Cartels Now Recruiting U.S. Army Soldiers for Human Smuggling  (Read 105 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Cartels Now Recruiting U.S. Army Soldiers for Human Smuggling
April 19, 2024
Share This Article:

Joey Chester

In a sign that Mexican cartels are emboldened by the increasingly lucrative business of bringing illegal aliens into the United States, two soldiers in Texas have been arrested on human smuggling charges within two weeks of each other.

First, Savion Johnson, a Texas National Guard soldier assigned to Operation Lone Star in Eagle Pass, Texas, was arrested for allegedly smuggling an illegal alien over the southern border. His plan was foiled when he encountered a pop-up tactical Border Patrol checkpoint in Kinney County.

Not only did he encounter the checkpoint, but he turned around and fled the agents when they attempted to stop his SUV. Texas DPS deployed spike strips to stop him.

The illegal alien ran from the SUV but was later caught and processed by Border Patrol. The soldier was arrested and charged with evading arrest, human smuggling and unlawful carry of a weapon.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2024/04/19/cartels-now-recruiting-us-army-soldiers-human-smuggling
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson