Author Topic: Federal Government Releases Suspected Afghan Terrorist — Twice  (Read 97 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Federal Government Releases Suspected Afghan Terrorist — Twice

Confirming my worst suspicions, even as the FBI director says he’d ‘be hard-pressed to think of a time where so many threats to our public safety and national security were so elevated all at once’

By Andrew R. Arthur on April 12, 2024
Various outlets have reported that an Afghan migrant on the terrorist watchlist due to suspected ties to a foreign terrorist organization was nonetheless released — not once but twice. It just confirms suspicions I raised in December that the Biden administration is failing to use the tools it has to counter the terrorist threat, even while the FBI director warns that his “most immediate concern” is that “individuals or small groups will draw some kind of twisted inspiration from the events in the Middle East to carry out attacks here at home”.

Mohammad Kharwin. The alien is identified as Mohammad Kharwin, a 48-year-old Afghan national apprehended by Border Patrol on March 10, 2023, after he allegedly entered the United States illegally near San Ysidro, Calif.

Apparently, agents had concerns about Kharwin “because one piece of information matched a person on the” terrorist watchlist. “But”, as NBC News explains, “the agents lacked corroborating information, which officials declined to describe, that would confirm Kharwin was the person they suspected”.

Had the Biden administration followed Congress’ directives, which require all illegal entrants to be detained until they are either admitted to the United States or removed, that wouldn’t have been a big deal regardless of whether Kharwin could be dispositively linked to terrorism or not.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Federal-Government-Releases-Suspected-Afghan-Terrorist-Twice
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson