Author Topic: How curbing climate change can help stop the next viral pandemic  (Read 211 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
How curbing climate change can help stop the next viral pandemic
FEB 14, 2024 . 3 MIN READ

Nearly 75% of emerging infectious diseases are now zoonotic—think Ebola, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) and most recently SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.

Continued climate change is expected to exacerbate transmission in environments shared among plants, humans and animals.

A new approach called “One Health” is promoting national and international collaborative responses to mitigate actions that increase human to animal-transmission risks.

The February issue of AMA Journal of Ethics® (@JournalofEthics) features numerous perspectives on the nature and scope of the collective responses to key changes spurred by climate change’s impact on health ecology and germ transmission. Authors explore in detail the social, cultural and ethical complexities involved.

The February issue of AMA Journal of Ethics includes the following articles:

https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-care/public-health/how-curbing-climate-change-can-help-stop-next-viral-pandemic
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: How curbing climate change can help stop the next viral pandemic
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024, 10:45:20 am »
 :facepalm2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson