Author Topic: Climate Change Killed Your Pets  (Read 171 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate Change Killed Your Pets
« on: April 21, 2024, 10:17:12 am »
Climate Change Killed Your Pets
21 hours ago Guest Blogger 41 Comments

Tony Thomas

Trigger warning: if your household companions include a cat, dog, canary, goldfish or turtle, this article is not a safe space. I’m writing about Harvard’s distinguished agnatologist Professor Naomi Oreskes and her warning in 2014 that global warming would kill your pets in 2023. The warning is in her acclaimed but glum book The Collapse of Western Civilization: A View from the Future. Given margins of error in climate science, the pet die-off might be this year instead.

Oreskes writes, “The loss of pet cats and dogs garnered particular attention among wealthy Westerners , but what was anomalous in 2023 soon became the new normal . … A shadow of ignorance and denial had fallen over people who considered themselves children of the Enlightenment” (p9).

Smarter climate alarmists don’t make short-term predictions. They choose a date like 2050 for when the oceans will boil. They’ll be senile or dead by then and can’t be humiliated if the oceans stay chilly.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2024/04/20/climate-change-killed-your-pets/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Climate Change Killed Your Pets
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024, 10:19:35 am »
I never worried about this threat since I had a Chia Pet! 000hehehehe
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson