Author Topic: 'Afraid to go to school': Michigan school cancels pronoun lesson after online onslaught  (Read 291 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'Afraid to go to school': Michigan school cancels pronoun lesson after online onslaught
Story by Sara Chernikoff and Sarah Atwood, USA TODAY NETWORK • 1d

A public school in Michigan is canceling its plans to teach an optional mini-lesson about pronouns to a class of elementary students after staff have become the target of online harassment.

Superintendent Shanna Spickard of DeWitt Public Schools on Friday apologized to those who welcomed the lesson planned for first-graders at Schavey Road Elementary School and said the decision to cancel was not made lightly. But as a result of online backlash, she added that multiple staff members are "afraid to go to school."

The backlash against the lesson plan began last week and has since gone viral. The school, which is just north of the state capital of Lansing in DeWitt, has had increased police and administrative presence, according to the school district.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/afraid-to-go-to-school-michigan-school-cancels-pronoun-lesson-after-online-onslaught/ar-AA1njXDX?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=702267bc793442b5ae202fbda2b115fe&ei=47
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

1. This sentence clause, "... Far-right and anti-LGBTQ social media group, Libs of Tiktok, and the conservative Moms for Liberty  ..." tells you what you need to know about the USA Today writer is doing. "Conservative" is appropriate, giving context to the group (who they nevertheless did not quote). "Far-right and anti-LGBTQ" is the writer inserting editorial commentary into a supposed news article.

2. Other than mentioning that LoT and/or MfL had embedded a local news station's interview with an objecting local person and that outsiders had doxxed several staff (info that locals would likely have had anyway), the article gave no specifics as to what supposedly had teachers "Afraid to go to school". The lurid claim that is unsupported by specifics means the claim is from activists, directly and through agitating fellow teachers.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.