Author Topic: House passes Ukraine aid after months of debate and GOP opposition  (Read 1819 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: House passes Ukraine aid after months of debate and GOP opposition
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2024, 11:11:23 pm »
Well, if that's true let's send all these M'Fkn ILLEGALS to Ukraine, they might be useful there.
Excellent idea!  :beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2024, 11:18:48 pm »
You're not going to like this post.

I'd like to see the Russians WIN and get it over with.
Yup, I said it.

The Ukranians should have invited the Russians to negotiate early on just after they had bloodied the bear's nose quite a bit. They MIGHT HAVE gotten a better deal than they're going to get now. And a good part of their nation wouldn't have been destroyed in the process.

Now, all that's in the Ukrainian future is a negotiation on Russian terms, or worse, loss of the entire country.

I told you that you weren't going to like this post.
But I call 'em as I see 'em.
And that's the only outcome I see down the road here.

It is not, and never has been, about winning. Its ALL about prolonging for as long as possible.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2024, 01:48:05 am »
It is not, and never has been, about winning. Its ALL about prolonging for as long as possible.
Does anyone on earth believe Ukraine can defeat Russia?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2024, 01:57:04 am »

I think they can fight them to a standstill, as they were doing before they ran out of ammo over the winter.  They'll probably never get Crimea, Donetsk, and Luhansk back, but they can save the rest of their territory and their sovereignty, and retain control of the Dnipro River.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2024, 02:03:40 am »
You're not going to like this post.

I'd like to see the Russians WIN and get it over with.
Yup, I said it.

I would rather see the Ukrainians WIN and get it over with.  Much more comfortable with a victorious Ukraine as an ally and European energy stabilizer than a victorious Russia as not only an enemy, but a supporter of all US enemies and a threat to our allies.  Yup, I said it.  Because it makes sense.

The Ukranians should have invited the Russians to negotiate early

Yeah, and the US should have invited the Japanese to negotiate early right after they took Wake Island, bombed Pearl Harbor, and invaded the Philippines.

just after they had bloodied the bear's nose quite a bit.

Uh, I think you got that backwards.  Russia is the aggressor here.  Russia is the one bloodying Ukraine.

They MIGHT HAVE gotten a better deal than they're going to get now. And a good part of their nation wouldn't have been destroyed in the process.

What deal would that be, pray tell?  I guess you seem to have forgotten that Russia tried to take the whole country by marching a 100k strong army to the outskirts of Kyiv while Putin was calling them all drug addicts and criminals.  Where was the negotiation in that?

Now, all that's in the Ukrainian future is a negotiation on Russian terms, or worse, loss of the entire country.

It is precisely because they chose to fight back that they haven't lose the entire country.

I told you that you weren't going to like this post.

You're right.  I don't like your post.  Because it is complete BS.  Russia can end this war any time it wants.  By getting their troops the hell out of Ukraine.  It is really that simple.  And I wholeheartedly reject the surrender you advocate that will put Russian troops on the Polish and Romanian borders while handing the entire Black Sea over to the Russian Navy.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2024, 02:14:42 am »

Inside of Ukraine?  Absolutely.  The success of their tactics has been remarkable.  Over 400,000 Russian casualties.  Hundreds of aircraft lost.  Over six thousand tanks, ten thousand APVs and artillery pieces each lost.  Russia's capacity to wage war against us or the rest of Europe has been radically reduced.  The innovations that Ukraine continues to employ have changed the way of warfare for the future.

It really doesn't take much to help out Ukraine in this effort.  Unfortunately, the US is still stuck in old ways of thinking.  Instead of spreading money around to other NATO countries, the US could mass produce drones that have proven highly effective and generating the casualties that the Red Army has experienced.  Just that alone will make Russian losses unsustainable.  Russia is losing roughly 100,000 troops every six months.  Russian conscription is barely keeping up.  Triple the drones, and Putin will be facing revolt as conscription numbers turn towards Moscow and St. Petersburg.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2024, 03:09:06 am »
Why?  Our borders remain open. That money could have been used to secure the border.  Why our we securing Ukraine and not the U.S.A. ??   :patriot:

Great question. 

Mike Johnson is losing capital fast.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2024, 12:27:22 pm »
Russia can end this war any time it wants.  By getting their troops the hell out of Ukraine.
I'm more than okay with such a resolution. I was wondering whether any other country is trying to get Ukraine and Russia to settle their differences, or do other nations - like the U.S., apparently - want to perpetuate this quagmire indefinitely?

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2024, 12:41:15 pm »
I'm more than okay with such a resolution. I was wondering whether any other country is trying to get Ukraine and Russia to settle their differences, or do other nations - like the U.S., apparently - want to perpetuate this quagmire indefinitely?

Here's the problem, Mountaineer...there's no way to settle differences with a bad faith, expansionist power like Russia, led by an obsessed former KGB killer like Vladimir Putin.  He has broken every agreement he has ever signed and invaded three countries since coming to power in 1999.  He's using the so-called "salami tactic," which finally backfired on him in Ukraine.  But his goal is clear...rebuild the old Russian empire, with himself as a neo-Tsar.  You can't negotiate any peaceful settlement outside unconditional surrender and annexation with somebody like that...it's akin to Hitler and Chamberlain and Molotov and Ribbentrop.  And there were no serious differences between Ukraine and Russia until 2014, when the Russians invaded and annexed Crimea.  Russia started it all!

Salami Tactics: Faits Accomplis and International Expansion in the Shadow of Major War

https://tnsr.org/2021/11/salami-tactics-faits-accomplis-and-international-expansion-in-the-shadow-of-major-war/
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2024, 01:16:24 pm »
SHE HAS MORE GOOD CHARACTER and GUTS than all the little boys and girl brats in CONGRESS combined.
GOOD FOR HER... SHE KNOWS where it's going:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2024, 12:06:48 pm »
Corruption? US Rep. Bill Keating (D-Mass.) handed Zelensky a list of members of Congress who voted for the $61B payment to Ukraine. Why would the president of a foreign power need a list of names of politicians who sent him billions?

https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1782727138568790383

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2024, 12:53:10 pm »
Corruption? US Rep. Bill Keating (D-Mass.) handed Zelensky a list of members of Congress who voted for the $61B payment to Ukraine. Why would the president of a foreign power need a list of names of politicians who sent him billions?

https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1782727138568790383

So why would Keating need to do that, IF true?  It's already a matter of public record...just do a web search for the final vote.

https://clerk.house.gov/Votes/2024151

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/04/20/us/politics/ukraine-israel-foreign-aid-vote.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/which-house-republicans-voted-against-ukraine-russia-aid-2024-4

Best guess is that they will be invited to some "thank you" function at the Ukrainian embassy in DC or get an invite to Kyiv for personal thanks by Zelensky.  That's what I would do if I was him.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2024, 12:58:34 pm »
So why would Keating need to do that, IF true?  It's already a matter of public record...just do a web search for the final vote.

https://clerk.house.gov/Votes/2024151

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/04/20/us/politics/ukraine-israel-foreign-aid-vote.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/which-house-republicans-voted-against-ukraine-russia-aid-2024-4

Best guess is that they will be invited to some "thank you" function at the Ukrainian embassy in DC or get an invite to Kyiv for personal thanks by Zelensky.  That's what I would do if I was him.

:yowsa: Exactly! Such thanks to include fists full of $$$ (Sicilian handshakes)!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2024, 01:08:30 pm »
Obsequious congressmen like Keating went to Kiev to accept Zelensky's thank$ for the new allotment of cash (whatever form that may have taken).
Again, why give VZ a list in person of the pro-Ukraine congressional voters when, as Timber Rattler pointed out, it's a matter of public record?

Congressman Bill Keating
@USRepKeating
Today in Kyiv I handed President @ZelenskyyUa a copy of the vote totals from Saturday's affirmation of U.S. support for Ukraine in the face of Russian aggression.
4:22 PM · Apr 22, 2024

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2024, 02:09:02 pm »
Blind to what playing the fool nearly endlessly on election day results in where we are now.  Saints before the election and demanded it be so, utter whores the day after and utterly acknowledging it to be so the day after.  Such whoring and denial/rejection of God, begets that we now begot.
Blame Trump and save the WOKE whore Biden endlessly! Lock it in to perpetuity!  You cAN AND DO , DO IT!

:yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :yowsa: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2024, 02:11:38 pm »
Thank god Biden is in office to save us from the evil Trump, EH?  OUR PEOPLE COMMONLY LIVE ON THE STREETS now, WHILE FOREIGNERS WALLOW IN billions!
 :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2:

fOR THOSE OF NO DISCERNMENT!

////00000//// ////00000//// twilight zonexxxx ////00000//// ////00000////
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions