Author Topic: U.S. Congress monthly public approval rating 2022-2024  (Read 234 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. Congress monthly public approval rating 2022-2024
« on: April 20, 2024, 05:10:40 pm »
U.S. Congress monthly public approval rating 2022-2024
Published by Statista Research Department, Apr 15, 2024
The most recent polling data from March 2024 puts the approval rating of the United States Congress at 15 percent, reflecting a slight increase from February's record low of the 118th Congress, which began in January 2023.

Congressional approval
Congressional approval, particularly over the past few years, has not been high. Americans tend to see Congress as a group of ineffectual politicians who are out of touch with their constituents. The 118th Congress began in 2023 with a rocky start. The Democratic Party maintains control of the Senate, but Republicans took back control of the House of Representatives after the 2022 midterm elections. The House caught media attention from its first days with a contentious fight for the position of Speaker of the House. Representative Kevin McCarthy was eventually sworn in as Speaker after a historic fifteen rounds of voting. Despite the current Congress having a historic share of women and being the most diverse Congress in American history, very little has been done to improve the opinion of Americans regarding its central lawmaking body.

Ye of little faith
However, Americans tend not to have much confidence in many of the institutions in the United States. Additionally, public confidence in the ability of the Republican and Democratic parties to work together has decreased drastically between 2008 and 2022, with nearly 60 percent of Americans having no confidence the parties can govern in a bipartisan way.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/207579/public-approval-rating-of-the-us-congress/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: U.S. Congress monthly public approval rating 2022-2024
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 05:14:56 pm »
I would be mortified if I were a member of congress with a 15% approval rating.  It doesn't seem to bother them however, which tells what kind of people infest the District of Corruption. 8black day
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: U.S. Congress monthly public approval rating 2022-2024
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2024, 05:20:11 pm »
Our government is our enemy at every level.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.