Author Topic: Biden floats tax hikes for all, says Trump cuts will ‘stay expired’ if re-elected — prompting WH wal  (Read 319 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden floats tax hikes for all, says Trump cuts will ‘stay expired’ if re-elected — prompting WH walk-back
By Social Links for Steven Nelson
Published April 19, 2024, 1:50 p.m. ET

President Biden vowed Friday that former President Donald Trump’s 2017 tax cuts would lapse next year if he’s re-elected and “stay expired” — meaning higher taxes for middle class and low-income Americans — prompting a hasty walk-back by aides.

Biden, 81, lambasted Trump’s Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), which permanently lowered corporate taxes from 35% to 21% and temporarily lowered personal income tax rates through 2025, as a giveaway to the rich in a speech to electrical union members in Washington.

“[Trump] was proud, very proud of his $2 trillion tax cut when he was president that overwhelmingly benefited the wealthy and the biggest corporations and exploded, exploded the federal debt,” Biden said of his predecessor ahead of their expected November election rematch.

“There is no exaggeration here: It’s going to expire and if I’m re-elected, it is going to stay expired,” the president added.

Biden’s apparently off-the-cuff remark did not reflect a change in policy, the administration insisted to The Post.

more
https://nypost.com/2024/04/19/us-news/biden-teases-tax-hikes-for-everyone-saying-trump-cuts-will-stay-expired-if-re-elected/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Keep destroying well paying jobs, and there won't be anyone left to tax.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Show of hands who believes Biden't $400K AGI cutoff is the truth?   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

“The president is simply reiterating what’s in his budget. He would let the Trump tax cuts for big corporations and the richest Americans — those making more than $400,000 — expire, and extend the tax cuts for those making less than $400K,” a White House official said.

In fact, his budget would further cut taxes for the middle class and working families. He has said that repeatedly and in every budget. Trump and Republicans are responsible for the egregious and fiscally reckless cliff that is in the Trump Tax Cuts —they are the reason taxes will raise for the middle class after 2025.”

A person making $240k is currently in the 35% tax bracket.  What number is Biden proposing this percentage be reduced to?  Or is the White House lying?

Here is that one time Biden got caught telling the truth.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
A person making $240k is currently in the 35% tax bracket.  What number is Biden proposing this percentage be reduced to?  Or is the White House lying?

Here is that one time Biden got caught telling the truth.

Also being kept deafening quiet is Pedo Joe's plan to really ratchet up the IRMAA incremental payments on Medicare premiiums.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.