Author Topic: Texas county celebrates helping 100,000 migrants reach destination in US  (Read 348 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas county celebrates helping 100,000 migrants reach destination in US
by: Julian Resendiz

Posted: Apr 17, 2024 / 04:38 PM CDT

Updated: Apr 17, 2024 / 04:38 PM CDT

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – El Paso County officials are celebrating a milestone when it comes to dealing with the years-long humanitarian migrant crisis. Their Migrant Support Services Center has now helped 100,000 asylum-seekers reach their destination of choice.

“This achievement underscores the critical role the center has played in the lives of tens of thousands, highlighting its pivotal position in the ongoing effort to humanely welcome and support those in desperate need,” the county said in a statement Wednesday.

The center opened in October 2022 when more than 2,000 migrants were coming across the border every day in the El Paso region. Its primary role was to swiftly assist asylum-seekers make travel arrangements after their release from federal immigration custody. This contributed to keeping the migrant population in the city manageable, taking stress off nonprofit shelters during surges and preventing people from having to stay on the streets. 

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/texas-county-celebrates-helping-100000-migrants-reach-destination-in-us/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MajorClay

Sick