Author Topic: $85K in currency seized heading south of the border from South Texas  (Read 135 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
$85K in currency seized heading south of the border from South Texas
by: Sandra Sanchez

Posted: Apr 16, 2024 / 05:55 PM CDT

Updated: Apr 16, 2024 / 05:55 PM CDT

PHARR, Texas (Border Report) — Homeland Security officers recently seized over $85,000 in unreported cash hidden in a vehicle that was trying to drive to Mexico from South Texas.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers seized the cash April 14 during an outbound inspection at the Pharr International Bridge.

The vehicle was driven by a 19-year-old U.S. citizen whose car was scanned using non-intrusive inspection technology.

The technology is being used increasingly throughout ports of entry connecting South Texas with Mexico. And will be incorporated in a new expansion of a heavily trafficked Border Patrol checkpoint north of Laredo.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/85k-in-currency-seized-heading-south-of-the-border-from-south-texas/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: $85K in currency seized heading south of the border from South Texas
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 01:40:01 pm »
I'm sure it was from a legitimate business transaction! *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson