Author Topic: $2M in cocaine seized in Operation Lone Star traffic stop in South Texas  (Read 101 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
$2M in cocaine seized in Operation Lone Star traffic stop in South Texas
by: Sandra Sanchez

Posted: Apr 19, 2024 / 02:49 PM CDT

Updated: Apr 19, 2024 / 05:35 PM CDT

McALLEN, Texas (Border Report) — Texas Department of Public Safety troopers seized over 200 pounds of cocaine during a truck traffic stop in South Texas as part of the state’s Operation Lone Star border security initiative, the agency said Friday.

San Antonio nonprofit ‘misused’ federal funds to buy migrants airline tickets, lawmaker says
The seizure of 98 kilos, or 216 pounds of cocaine, occurred Tuesday in the border town of Weslaco. DPS says troopers stopped a tractor-trailer “and discovered 90 cellophane-wrapped bundles of cocaine concealed inside a pallet of dried goods in the cargo area,” DPS said Friday.

The drugs have an estimated street value of $2 million, the agency said.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/2m-in-cocaine-seized-in-operation-lone-star-traffic-stop-in-south-texas/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson