Author Topic: Mike Johnson betrays border security for more foreign aid  (Read 120 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mike Johnson betrays border security for more foreign aid
« on: April 20, 2024, 01:21:28 pm »
Mike Johnson betrays border security for more foreign aid
CHRISTOPHER BEDFORD
APRIL 18, 2024

Funny how the pressure works up so often for wars abroad and so rarely for deaths at home. But in Washington that pressure is relentless — and one-sided.

The border won’t be secured this year, after House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) proposed a deal that breaks border security off from the little leverage Republicans had, leaving it to drift into the void.

Republican leadership’s plan is to pass funding for Ukraine's and Israel’s wars, as well as a bill forcing TikTok to divest from its Chinese owner, a bill to seize Russian bank assets, and other foreign aid and sanctions, bundling them all together to send to the Democrat-controlled Senate.

The War Party gets what it wants, the appropriators spend what they want, the latest tax bill always passes.

Oh, and the Rules Committee, Johnson said in his Wednesday statement, will “also be posting text on a border security bill that includes the core components of HR 2, under a separate rule that will allow for amendments.”

https://www.theblaze.com/columns/opinion/mike-johnson-betrays-border-security-for-more-foreign-aid
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Mike Johnson betrays border security for more foreign aid
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 01:23:28 pm »
That's the way congress has morphed.  Worry more about the people of the world than the US at the expense of American citizens.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson