Author Topic: Maher: This Year’s DNC Will Be a Repeat of 1968 with Pro-Hamas Protesters  (Read 663 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Maher: This Year’s DNC Will Be a Repeat of 1968 with Pro-Hamas Protesters

Ian Hanchett 20 Apr 2024

On Friday’s broadcast of HBO’s “Real Time,” host Bill Maher predicted that this year’s Democratic National Convention in Chicago will be a repeat of the chaotic 1968 Democratic National Convention, which was also held in Chicago, because there will be large numbers of protesters whose “new cause” is “Hamas, to be on their side.”

Maher said, “I was twelve years old, when they had it in 1968 in Chicago. It was like my baptism into politics, like, wow, this is kind of interesting shit going on on TV, and I know this is politics — but because there [were] hippies in the streets and the cops were beating the shit out of them, it was really quite dramatic. And it’s going to happen again, because the kids, they’re going to be out there in force chanting about Genocide Joe, because this is their new cause now. This, they think, is the cause of their lifetime, Hamas, to be on their side. So, I’m just wondering how the Democrats are going to come out of that convention. Because I remember the last time that happened in Chicago, they got bloodied by it, and Nixon won the White House.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2024/04/20/maher-this-years-dnc-will-be-a-repeat-of-1968-with-pro-hamas-protesters/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

The pro HAMAs people will show up and protest but it will be no where near 1968

In  1968, the presidental race was an open race with no incumbent after Johnson announced he would not be seeking another term.

And the issue in 1968, the Vietnam War, divided the country whereas most Americans believe Israel has a right to exist and defend itself

And at the convention in 1968, Humphrey defeated Eugene McCarthy who, unlike Humphrey, was a critic of the war in Vietnam and that angered the anti war movement

Anyone expecting a repeat of the 1968 Democrat convention is going to be disappointed. The only similarity between the two is the city were it will be held
« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 01:47:31 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline corbe

I think it will be as bad as '68, if not worse.  The similarities are not in the City they are held in but the true nature of the DNC at this time.  They are as fractured as we are and in as bad a shape with bidet at the helm, basically no leadership. 
   As in that time when LBJ left the party high and dry with his withdrawal after McCarthy/New Hampshire loss.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think there are a couple of perspectives here.

We have the Convention:  What is going on inside the Convention, the political games to play out, it's bound to be interesting.

Then we have the Street, which was a big part of the story in '68.  There were riots then, and it had an effect on what went on inside.  Not much, as Humphrey advanced, but changes were made in policy and tactics (which led to McGovern). 

I am interested in the riots, this time out.  Popping corn, if you will....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.