Author Topic: Black parents tell Dr. Phil they're angry with government for funding illegal migrants as taxpayers  (Read 131 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Black parents tell Dr. Phil they're angry with government for funding illegal migrants as taxpayers struggle

© Provided by FOX News

Legal immigrants growing increasingly frustrated with border crisis
Two Black parents struggling to make ends meet criticized how the federal government is managing the economy and their tax dollars on a Thursday night episode of Dr. Phil.

Dr. Phil opened the episode by saying America should be a meritocracy "where those who work hard, have talent and add value are rewarded," but that its current state is another story. He then introduced two parents, Jordan and Leticia, who said that despite both of them working multiple jobs to support their family, life under the current government has made the American dream unachievable.

"The American dream is the American nightmare," Jordan said in an introductory segment, juxtaposing how he thought that a college degree would lead to a stable and prosperous life.
"My wife wants to have another baby, but we just can’t afford it," he continued. "Only half my family has health insurance right now. My income is not keeping up with inflation. We’re paying $100 for the same $40 worth of groceries, and the rent went up as well. Gas prices have gone up."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/black-parents-tell-dr-phil-they-re-angry-with-government-for-funding-illegal-migrants-as-taxpayers-struggle/ar-AA1nkbBa?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=HCTS&cvid=eee44baec8474be88fe2bbe2daa050ee&ei=28
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They'll p*ss and moan about it but in the next election cycle will continue to vote for the political party that has tried to suppress them since the first slaves arrived and are still working at it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 12:59:38 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson