Author Topic: Just Like Democrats, Mike Johnson Supports An Open Border.. Eddie Scarry  (Read 2010 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Just Like Democrats, Mike Johnson Supports An Open Border
Eddie Scarry
~3 minutes

There’s a very simple logic to the Democrat position on Ukraine: Its continued welfare sponsored by American taxpayers is very important, but it’s not more important than maintaining an open Southern border for the world’s criminal and destitute to flood the nation (again, sponsored by American taxpayers).

We know that’s the indisputable Democrat position because while they, including the Biden White House, insist there’s nothing more urgent than sending tens of billions dollars more to Ukraine, they’re not willing to do so if it means blocking the access of a single illegal alien to America’s interior. After months of negotiating a matter that shouldn’t require more than a second’s worth of debate, Democrats put forward a bill that legalized the unauthorized entry of up to 5,000 aliens per day. That’s how serious they are about keeping the border agape.

It’s an untenable position, yet that brings us to House Speaker Mike Johnson, a Republican who has stunningly revealed himself this week to hold the exact same position. Immediately after he was elected to lead the House and his party, Johnson emphatically stated in public multiple times that solving the border crisis, both instigated and exacerbated by the president, was not just a priority but mandatory.

“Any national security package has to begin with the security of our own border… We have to effect real policy change at the border, and that is a necessary condition to anything we do going forward,” Johnson said on December 6, 2023.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2024/04/18/just-like-democrats-and-joe-biden-mike-johnson-supports-an-open-southern-border/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The author is a nut.  Johnson has voted for two separate border enforcement bills.   The problem is that the Democrat-controlled Senate won't pass them.   How is that Johnson's fault???

Also, we all know that regardless of the funds given, Biden himself simply won't enforce the border, and he's the one who gives them their orders.   So again...how is that Johnson's fault?

Offline libertybele

It doesn't matter at this point.  Game over.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

The author is a nut.  Johnson has voted for two separate border enforcement bills.   The problem is that the Democrat-controlled Senate won't pass them.   How is that Johnson's fault???

Also, we all know that regardless of the funds given, Biden himself simply won't enforce the border, and he's the one who gives them their orders.   So again...how is that Johnson's fault?

Agreed.

Offline berdie

It doesn't matter at this point.  Game over.

Also agreed.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The truth of the matter is that no one in either party wants the border secured.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

The truth of the matter is that no one in either party wants the border secured.

I believe that to be correct.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

Agreed.

Offline roamer_1

I wouldn't go quite that far. But the powers that be in both parties - THEY certainly want no border.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I wouldn't go quite that far. But the powers that be in both parties - THEY certainly want no border.

What's the difference?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

What's the difference?

Power can be taken from them at the ballot. When you stop voting for RINOs (because Democrats), the power dynamic can be shifted on the right... Which is why I will not vote for them, period.

Voting for Conservatism is the only way out of all this. At least shy of watering the tree of liberty.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Power can be taken from them at the ballot. When you stop voting for RINOs (because Democrats), the power dynamic can be shifted on the right... Which is why I will not vote for them, period.

Voting for Conservatism is the only way out of all this. At least shy of watering the tree of liberty.

In the words of General Cornwallis at Yorktown, "You dream sir! You dream."

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

In the words of General Cornwallis at Yorktown, "You dream sir! You dream."

I have three occasions in my lifetime to point to. It can be done. But not chasing after shiny things like political messiahs and such. It looks more like the TEA Party. That's what will do it.

Offline libertybele

I have three occasions in my lifetime to point to. It can be done. But not chasing after shiny things like political messiahs and such. It looks more like the TEA Party. That's what will do it.

Of course I'm all for the TEA Party, and it's going to take a massive majority of like-minded conservatives coming together and not taking no for an answer, nor compromising their positions. That's always been the avenue that conservatives headed.

I can't help but to reflect as to what happened to those who stood up for what they believed in on J6.  Some were not insurrectionists but conservatives who are still confined and a couple still without a trial date.  They have been made an example of. IOW if you don't go along with the left, you will be dealt with in a way so that you will not succeed.  Times are very different now.  Times are very troubling with our rights being tossed out the window in order for a particular political party to prevail.

The rule of law is being trampled upon and we have a very corrupt DOJ. I don't see that there is any remedy anymore at the ballot box, so how then do conservatives prevail against the liberal stranglehold around this Republic?

I certainly don't have any answers. Conservatives in the Senate and House are very few.  The 'climate' of this country has drastically changed and it isn't for the better.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Yep, once it was established the real conservative right would sell out for centralist ideas, candidates stopped even trying to appease them. If you have no line in the sand, then that line gets blown away. Want my vote, be a conservative Christian.

I miss @INVAR 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 12:06:30 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline libertybele

Well, in theory and years ago when we actually had some election integrity, power could be taken from them at the ballot. Voting for only conservatives was a remedy.  I don't believe that we have 'free and fair' elections any longer.  It's not a matter of voting out RINO's...it's a matter of finding a way to stop the corruption.  How?  I wish I knew the answer.

When we have 535 members of Congress  regardless of what party they represent; NOT doing what is best for America, we have a major, major problem. When we have a DOJ that is basically investigating themselves or failing to investigate the corruption that abounds, we have a major, major problem.

Offline roamer_1

Yep, once it was established the real conservative right would sell out for centralist ideas, candidates stopped even trying to appease them. If you have no line in the sand, then that line gets blown away. Want my vote, be a conservative Christian.

I think it is more about the message: Other entities (read populists, neocons) always abscond with, and then alter the Conservative message. Even now. They are ALL conservatives during an election year. I don't think real Conservatives have moved an inch - It's not in their nature, guided by eternal principles.

But very much like Christianity (or rather Judeo-Christianity), orthodoxy is hard to maintain against usurpers. Real Christians, Bible-believing Christians, cannot be in favor of abortion or homosexuality, but look at how many 'christian' churches and organizations do exactly that... Watering the message to suit themselves.

Conservatism suffers the exact same fate. And like Christians, they vote with their feet, and many once Conservative organizations have fallen to liberalism, or have died on the vine heading that way. That does not mean there are less Conservatives. Just that they are no longer represented. Even as measurement of Christianity seems to indicate less Christians because their membership is no longer found in hierarchical old school denominations... Like Christianity, Conservatism has gone congregational. I literally don't know a single Conservative Republican. They're all independents now.

I miss @INVAR

Oh, me too! Many philosophical Conservatives of every stripe are gone from here - Those who used to lend their wisdom.

Offline roamer_1

Well, in theory and years ago when we actually had some election integrity, power could be taken from them at the ballot. Voting for only conservatives was a remedy.  I don't believe that we have 'free and fair' elections any longer.  It's not a matter of voting out RINO's...it's a matter of finding a way to stop the corruption.  How?  I wish I knew the answer.

When we have 535 members of Congress  regardless of what party they represent; NOT doing what is best for America, we have a major, major problem. When we have a DOJ that is basically investigating themselves or failing to investigate the corruption that abounds, we have a major, major problem.

The same solutions prevail. The way you do it is ground up, grassroots... Start taking it back. It's a long and bitter thing, not fixed by shiny shit or political messiahs, with no rest for the weary. Eternal Vigilance. Always. Little corrections along the way are much easier than sweeping changes. But when the chips are down, and sweeping change is what you need, it is still one vote at a time, from the bottom up.

You should know. Look at your own state. a decade ago it was purple.

Hope remains.

Offline libertybele

The same solutions prevail. The way you do it is ground up, grassroots... Start taking it back. It's a long and bitter thing, not fixed by shiny shit or political messiahs, with no rest for the weary. Eternal Vigilance. Always. Little corrections along the way are much easier than sweeping changes. But when the chips are down, and sweeping change is what you need, it is still one vote at a time, from the bottom up.

Hope remains.

:beer:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Plenty of Republicans do, but they don't have the votes.  It's as simple as that.

Offline roamer_1

Plenty of Republicans do, but they don't have the votes.  It's as simple as that.

Because RINOs are better than Democrats... Let that sink in.  :whistle:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

No! They don't! There are a few to be sure but most are too beholden to the Chamber of Commerce.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Hope remains.

I miss Eternal Vigilance too.... Man he could make some GOP Fudds mad.

https://www.tomhoefling.com/
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 02:27:56 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Hoodat

And once again boys and girls, this is why we need Conservatives in power.  Stop feeding the destroyer.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

I miss Eternal Vigilance too.... Man he could make some GOP Fudds mad.

https://www.tomhoefling.com/

That's a fact. I had EV's phone number once upon a time...  :beer: