Author Topic: USAFA Cadet: “I Came Here To Be Mentally And Physically Challenged, Not Be Constantly Told “I’m  (Read 746 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AIR FORCE   | CCP CASUALTY LIST   | SERVICE ACADEMIES
USAFA Cadet: “I Came Here To Be Mentally And Physically Challenged, Not Be Constantly Told “I’m The Victim”
By AFP Staff
April 10, 2024

Recent post on Service Academy Forum by a USAFA Cadet:

“Disclaimer: This might not represent the views of the Cadet Wing at a whole, but I know many people who agree with my view.

As a current Doolie, the academy is nowhere near what I signed up for. The changes they’ve made to the academy in the past 8 months, how badly they’ve destroyed our Rec experience, it just makes me wonder why I even chose this over the other two academies. I came here to be mentally and physically challenged, not be constantly told “I’m the victim”, and that I’m being “hazed” because god forbid someone yell at me in a military environment.

In basic we learned a quote from John Stuart Mill, it’s ironic how we’re required to learn the quote only for the academy to show exactly what he was warning about. For your reference, the quote is below:

https://armedforces.press/usafa-cadet-i-came-here-to-be-mentally-and-physically-challenged-not-be-constantly-told-im-the-victim/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rustynail

Worth reading the whole thing.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline rustynail

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Recognition festivities

I guess now it's a pit of depression...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: