Author Topic: Senators push VA to fix problems with vets’ toxic exposure claims  (Read 150 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Senators push VA to fix problems with vets’ toxic exposure claims
By Leo Shane III
 Tuesday, Apr 16

A group of Senate Democrats is imploring Veterans Affairs officials to fix how they handle constrictive bronchiolitis and hypertension claims under new toxic exposure benefits legislation, saying that too many veterans are left without help due to confusing department rules.

In a letter to VA Secretary Denis McDonough on Monday, 18 senators — led by Senate Veterans’ Affairs Committee Chairman Jon Tester, D-Mont. — said the issues need to be addressed quickly to ensure that thousands of veterans receive the compensation they deserve.

“Veterans have waited decades for benefits and recognitions for health conditions related to their toxic exposure,” the group wrote. “Outdated VA regulations should not deny them earned benefits.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2024/04/16/senators-push-va-to-fix-problems-with-vets-toxic-exposure-claims/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Senators push VA to fix problems with vets’ toxic exposure claims
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2024, 03:41:10 pm »
Congress has only been playing football with this issue for 6-8 years so they still have another 10-15 to try and generate votes throwing it around.  I have to wonder how many of the Senators who are suddenly concerned about the issue are up for re-election this year? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson