Author Topic: Germany arrests 2 alleged Russian spies accused of scouting U.S. military facilities for sabotage  (Read 92 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

WORLD
Germany arrests 2 alleged Russian spies accused of scouting U.S. military facilities for sabotage
By Anna Noryskiewicz

Updated on: April 19, 2024 / 9:10 AM EDT / CBS News

Berlin — German authorities say they have arrested two people suspected of spying for Russia. The suspects, identified as German-Russian nationals, are accused of scouting targets for potential attacks, including U.S. military facilities in Germany, the Federal Public Prosecutor General for Karlsruhe said in a statement released Thursday.

The arrests, made by police in the Bavarian town of Bayreuth, come amid high tension between Russia and the West, more than two years after President Vladimir Putin ordered Russia's ongoing invasion of Ukraine.

The alleged spies' stand accused by Germany of working to undermine the military support provided to Ukraine by Germany.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/germany-russia-spies-us-military-ukraine-war-espionage-europe-nato/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson