Author Topic: RAF fears fighter jets flying as low as 250ft could hit 650ft wind turbines  (Read 340 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

filed:  April 18, 2024 • Scotland
RAF fears fighter jets flying as low as 250ft could hit 650ft wind turbines
Credit:  By John Paul Breslin For The Scottish Daily Mail | Published: 17 April 2024 | dailymail.co.uk ~~

Translate:  FROM English | TO English

Military chiefs have objected to plans to extend a Scots windfarm amid fears RAF jets could crash into its huge turbines.

Energy firm Boralex wants to build 22 turbines up to 650ft high to extend the Cabrach wind farm in Clashindarroch, Aberdeenshire.

The new blades would reach far higher than the 18 existing 360ft turbines at the site and another 14 turbines measuring 590ft that are due to come online.

But the Ministry of Defence has objected due to concerns that pilots might fly their jets into them when conducting training exercises that can see the craft drop down as low as 250ft.

https://www.wind-watch.org/news/2024/04/18/raf-fears-fighter-jets-flying-as-low-as-250ft-could-hit-650ft-wind-turbines/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Imagine BUFFs (B-52s) and Bones (B-1s) flying nape of the Earth. I have stood on thee drill floor of an oil rig and looked down on the back of a B-52 flying low level maneuvers in the badlands of ND--an awesome sight. The idea of that maneuver capability, keeping the aircraft below radar, being lost to windmills is just insane.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Being unable to defend the country, and yourself from the country, is a small price to pay for being enslaved to the government. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Governments are instituted among men to preserve their rights, and to serve at the behest of their constituents, deriving their just (legitimate) powers from the consent of the governed.
Increasingly, the governed do not consent.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis