Author Topic: Biden set to block millions of acres in Alaska from oil, gas drilling in Earth Day action  (Read 379 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden set to block millions of acres in Alaska from oil, gas drilling in Earth Day action
'Joe Biden is doing everything he can to attack American energy': Sen John Barrasso
By Thomas Catenacci Fox News
Published April 19, 2024 4:00am EDT

The Biden administration is planning to block oil and gas drilling across millions of acres in an Alaskan reserve, which Congress specifically set aside for resource development.

The Department of Interior (DOI) is expected to finalize regulations on Friday, just days ahead of Earth Day. These regulations would effectively lock up more than 13 million acres of public land within the National Petroleum Reserve (NPR-A), sources familiar with the agency's timing told Fox News Digital. The regulations represent one of the Biden administration's most aggressive actions pushed under its climate and conservation agenda.

According to the DOI, the regulations as proposed would create an outright prohibition on any new leasing across 10.6 million acres of the area, equivalent to about 40% of the entire NPR-A. They would additionally require DOI subagency the Bureau of Land Management to review whether to expand protected areas or create new protected areas in the NPR-A at least every five years.

"With climate change warming the Arctic more than twice as fast as the rest of the planet, we must do everything within our control to meet the highest standards of care to protect this fragile ecosystem," Interior Secretary Deb Haaland previously said. "President Biden is delivering on the most ambitious climate and conservation agenda in history."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-set-to-block-millions-of-acres-from-oil-and-gas-drilling-in-earth-day-action
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

Climate change my derriere; this is to continue to sink the American economy and shrink people's wallets.

I say "Drill Baby Drill"!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Climate change my derriere; this is to continue to sink the American economy and shrink people's wallets.

I say "Drill Baby Drill"!

Cloward/Piven to the letter!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
But Wait, There's More!!!
Biden set to block Alaska road key to accessing planned mine
The expected decision on Ambler Road reflects the administration’s selective approach toward boosting domestic mining of minerals used in green technologies.

The Biden administration is set to block a controversial road crucial to operating a planned copper and zinc mine in northern Alaska, saying it would threaten Indigenous communities and fragment wildlife habitat, according to two people familiar with the matter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to comment publicly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2024/04/16/ambler-road-alaska-biden/

It's about the grift, folks, not energy. not the economy, but the kickbacks and baksheesh.

This isn't just a war on oil, It's a war on Alaska and a war on the American economy. Americans are not being allowed to develop American resources.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 02:16:10 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis