Author Topic: ‘Gun show loophole’ rule that will outlaw ‘virtually all private’ gun sales announced by Biden admin  (Read 305 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by Matthew Medsger - Boston Herald  April 18, 2024

It’s been a quarter of a century since the shooting at Columbine High School in Colorado brought the “gun show loophole” into popular discourse, and the Biden administration has just announced it would move unilaterally to end the practice following decades of inaction by Congress.

A new federal regulation published by the Department of Justice on Thursday, titled “Final Rule: Definition of ‘Engaged in the Business’ as a Dealer,” aims to greatly reduce the number of firearms sold without a background check and comes following the passage of the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, according to the Biden White house.

“I’ve spent hours with families who’ve lost loved ones to gun violence. They all have the same message: ‘Do something.’ Today, my Administration is taking action to make sure fewer guns are sold without background checks. This is going to keep guns out of the hands of domestic abusers and felons. And my Administration is going to continue to do everything we possibly can to save lives. Congress needs to finish the job and pass universal background checks legislation now,” President Joe Biden said in a statement.

Loopholes in the nation’s gun laws allow “domestic abusers, school shooters, violent criminals, and gun traffickers” to obtain firearms at local gun shows without criminal background checks, the White House said, and those same loopholes allow some gun sellers who should be required to run background checks to skirt the law and operate without a license to deal in firearms.

The Bipartisan Safer Communities Act of 2022 includes a provision allowing for a broader definition of what makes a gun dealer and outlining who is required to hold a dealer’s license. In 2023, Biden signed an executive order fast-tracking implementation of the law. The announcement of the Final Rule this week “clarifies the type of conduct that requires a person to get a license to sell guns and to conduct background checks.”

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2024/04/gun-show-loophole-rule-that-will-outlaw-virtually-all-private-gun-sales-announced-by-biden-administration/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Gun show loophole’ rule that will outlaw ‘virtually all private’ gun sales announced by Biden admin

:happyhappy: :happyhappy: :happyhappy: :happyhappy: :happyhappy: :happyhappy:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis