Author Topic: Army deploys long-range missiles to China’s doorstep  (Read 143 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army deploys long-range missiles to China’s doorstep
« on: April 18, 2024, 03:54:28 pm »

Army deploys long-range missiles to China’s doorstep

By Bill Gertz - The Washington Times - Wednesday, April 17, 2024
NEWS AND ANALYSIS:

The Army recently dispatched a new long-range missile system to the Philippines for the first time since the U.S. in 2019 exited the Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces Treaty, which banned such deployments.

Gen. Charles Flynn, commander of U.S. Army Pacific forces, said the deployment of the new missile system is “historic” and highlights continuous Army transformation to deal with a complex and challenging environment.

“The planning, transportation and deployment of the newest U.S. Army long-range precision fires system supports a safe, stable and secure Indo-Pacific in partnership with our allies from the Armed Forces Philippines,” Gen. Flynn told Inside the Ring.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2024/apr/17/inside-ring-army-deploys-long-range-missiles-china/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Army deploys long-range missiles to China’s doorstep
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 03:56:38 pm »
Has anyone checked to see if they are the real things or are they mockups with no fuel?  I'm thinking like the military along the border carrying weapons sans bullets. :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson