Author Topic: Congressional Spending Goes Full Weimar  (Read 210 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Congressional Spending Goes Full Weimar
« on: April 18, 2024, 03:41:13 pm »
April 18, 2024
Congressional Spending Goes Full Weimar
By Jeff Lukens

It has become a speculative game in the blogosphere to predict what black swan calamities could lead to a breakdown in civil order and the imposition of some form of martial law.  Wars and rumors of war abound.  We have already seen a container ship mysteriously knocking down a bridge and closing a key port.  Other such scenarios include massive cyber-attacks that shut down the grid and block communication and transportation networks nationwide.  The speculation on the variations of such events is virtually endless.

However, one crisis is no black swan and is entirely expected, already happening, and growing in scale by the day.  That would be the ballooning debt crisis.  If Washington does not change its free-spending ways, the debt will become a catastrophe of devastating proportions that will tear the nation apart.  So long as Congress continues its multi-trillion-dollar deficit spending, we will have a financial death spiral, similar to events a century ago in the Weimar Republic of Germany.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2024/04/congressional_spending_goes_full_weimar.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Re: Congressional Spending Goes Full Weimar
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 09:42:43 pm »
And this path isn't inevitable. Or at least it doesn't have to be
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2024, 12:54:11 am »
And this path isn't inevitable. Or at least it doesn't have to be

There is a point at which it is written in stone and doom must follow.
Whether we have surpassed that point is debatable.

But we will never know when we have surpassed it and can no longer go back unless we try (hard) to turn it around. That is not happening. And no one has the political cajones to care.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2024, 01:36:13 am »

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.