Author Topic: 'Stunning betrayal': Biden must resign if he greenlit Iran's strike on Israel  (Read 405 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
WND 4/17/2024

'A scandal of this magnitude must not be tolerated'

Joe Biden already is trailing President Donald Trump in many of the polls addressing the coming election in swing states – those vote totals that most likely will decide the presidency.

He attacks Trump constantly, threatening Americans that the probable GOP candidate would destroy "democracy," as running on his own accomplishments likely isn't going to happen.

Those would be inflation of some 19% since he took office, a world in turmoil, a southern border crisis that is threatening the wellbeing of even "sanctuary" cities, trillions in spending on "green" ideologies, and much more.

Of course, his age and mental capacities loom large and ominous in the campaign.

But now there's a new headwind: A call for him to be "compelled to resign" if, in fact, a report that he knew in advance of Iran's plans to launch a war against Israel, and did nothing, is correct.

The call appeared this week from Peter Laffin, a contributor to the Washington Examiner who also has written in RealClearPolitics and the National Catholic Register.

He reported, "An anonymous Turkish diplomat told Reuters this week that Turkey played the role of a back channel intermediary between the United States and Iran in the run-up to the Iranian missile strike in Israel. According to the source, Tehran informed Turkey of its plans for the strike in advance in an effort to limit the potential for further escalation. In response, the U.S. allegedly conveyed to Tehran through Ankara that any action would have to be 'within certain limits.' The White House has denied the claim."

But, he said, "If the report is accurate, and, in particular, if President Joe Biden greenlit a strike against a key American ally, he must be compelled to resign the presidency immediately.

"Such an act, even if taken with the apparent best long-term interests of the ally in mind, represents a stunning betrayal that has the potential to erode trust among allies around the globe. Given the swift rise of the authoritarian axis in the East in recent years, coupled with America’s waning global influence, a scandal of this magnitude must not be tolerated."

More: https://www.wnd.com/2024/04/stunning-betrayal-biden-must-resign-greenlit-irans-strike-israel/

Online rustynail

'A scandal of this magnitude must not be tolerated'......but it will be.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
I haven't read this yet, nor have I sought corroborating stories, but I'd like to ask this before I do:

Is anyone shocked that this would be a believable headline after learning who Biden actually is over these past 3 years? Raise your hand if you're shocked. Anyone? Anyone?   

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline LMAO

If this story is true, he needs to be impeached and removed from office

Iran is the enemy. Not Israel.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I believe the story. On this one, the Iranians have more credibility than does the administration, as far as I'm concerned.

However, let's get things straight:
ol' white joe didn't "greenlight" anything.
Others in the administration "behind the curtain" DID.
After their decision was made, ol' joe was advised on what was was decided and what would be done.