Author Topic: BREAKING: FISA moves to Senate without provision requiring warrants to conduct searches of Americans  (Read 163 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
BREAKING: FISA moves to Senate without provision requiring warrants to conduct searches of Americans
Reps. Laura Lee and Anna Paulina Luna delayed the vote until Monday evening.

Thomas Stevenson
Apr 15, 2024

On Monday a congressional vote to move 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) bill to the Senate succeeded in the House with a vote of 259-128. The bill now goes to the Senate without any provision requiring warrants on the surveillance of Americans who are in communications with foreign actors.

Ahead of the vote on Monday, the FISA bill passed on Friday in a vote of 273-147 without any provision to require that those using section 702 of FISA to get a warrant if they collect information on American citizens. Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ) had proposed an amendment that would have made a warrant requirement included in the bill. 

FISA 702 is meant to be primarily used to gather intel on the communications of foreign individuals to detect threats, however, communications with Americans gets caught up in the mix when gathering the foreign intelligence. The FISA court has also found that FISA has been used outside the rules of the federal government over 278,000 times. 

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-fisa-moves-to-senate-without-provision-requiring-warrants-to-conduct-searches-of-americans?utm_campaign=64487#google_vignette
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I don't think this is true @rangerrebew

I think the house voted to take up the bill, not pass it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Note to self ... don't butt-dial the Kremlin.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.