Author Topic: B-1 Bombers Perch Closer to Middle East Conflict in Exercise with Turkish Fighters  (Read 93 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
B-1 Bombers Perch Closer to Middle East Conflict in Exercise with Turkish Fighters
April 15, 2024 | By John A. Tirpak

Two of the four B-1B Lancers deployed as a Bomber Task Force to Spain last month have been positioned closer to the ongoing conflicts in the Middle East, the Air Force announced, as the aircraft are now exercising in Turkey with that NATO partner’s air force. The U.S. Air Force has supported Israel’s defense against Iranian missile attacks in recent days, shooting down more than 70 Iranian drones with F-15s and F-16s.

The two bombers “flew from their deployed location at Morón Air Base, Spain, to Incirlik Air Base,” Turkey, on April 15, the Air Force said. There they will conduct “a long-planned, routine training mission” as part of Bomber Task Force  24-2.

The Air Force announced the two B-1s had deployed to Spain March 24. The same day, the service announced that two B-52s had deployed to Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean.

As part of the deployment, “the U.S. aircraft integrated with and trained alongside Turkish fighter aircraft before landing at Incirlik, where the U.S. aircraft are projected to conduct additional training events in coordination with Turkish forces,” the Air Force said. It did not say how long they are expected to remain.

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/air-force-b-1-bombers-incirlik/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson